- 03 -

___

___

- 03 -

"Hey Bill?" I found myself saying, a week before September first. It'd been something that was nagging at the back of my mind since I'd come to Grimmauld Place. "What happened with Percy?" I'd sent Dune back to my old apartment to collect the letters I'd ignore, shortly after my arrival. I'd wanted to go through the ones from my boys at least, if I could without breaking down from guilt. Though as conceited as it sounded, I couldn't help but notice the lack of letters from Percy. In previous summers, his letters were up there in the most frequent.

"You two were quite close, weren't you," Bill questioned, though it was more like a statement. Bill and I were the only ones in the lounge, an hour earlier he'd come in and settled into the armchair, pulling out his work from the ministry. I'd chosen to spend the afternoon pouring over my textbooks. Until this moment, neither of us had said a word to each other. I nodded at his statement.

"I'm sorry for asking, I just didn't want to ask your mum, and the only answer I get from Fred and George is a grumbled reply about him being a git who abandoned his family." I frown at the idea of Percy abandoning his family. He wouldn't do that... would he?

"It's alright, I don't mind," the older boy comfortingly smiles at me, "As I'm sure you know, Percy's always been ambitious. He got a promotion a week after term ended, and I wasn't exactly there for the announcement, but because of it, Dad and he had an argument. About Dumbledore, and Fudge and then he packed his bag and left. Basically disowned himself from the family."

"Is there anything we can do? To convince him to come home?"

"As much as it pains me to know my little brother's out on his own, I think the only thing we can do is be there for him when he finally realizes he's in the wrong, and his world crashes around him." He says this with a pained look on his face and I nod in understanding, to which Bill takes as the end of the conversation, returning to his work. I pull a piece of parchment and a quill out of my bag, and start scribbling out a letter.

_____

'Percy,

I'm back. Though I don't even know if you knew I was gone.

You can't tell me you actually believe the nonsense Fudge

is preaching? Please Perce, Voldemort is back, Cedric is dead.

If Fudge is right, tell me how Cedric died.

Please come home Percy. Your family misses you. And