𝘷𝘪) 𝐍𝐎𝐓 𝐌𝐔𝐂𝐇 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 𝐁𝐄𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐄

"I just don't understand why, that's all-" Rowan's whispers from her and Kimiko on the couch were cut short as the buzz cut Frenchman took a seat with them.

"Welcome back, jeung one." Frenchie held out his hand, grin deepening.

She gladly accepted and shook his hand in the way she'd seen the men around her do so, a small blush showing how she felt quite impressed she pulled it off. Her face heated up even more as she felt the woman beside her shuffle up so close their sides were connected, reluctantly turning her head when she was nudged, but avoiding eye contact, nonetheless.

"You... you painted the ends of your hands?" Rowan continued quizzing - she'd always been confused by women. Even as a child, she did most of her growing up around Noah and T., so ways of the females were still a mystery.

Kimiko reached for her hand, smile fading when she instinctively slapped it away a second time. Rowan flippantly apologised and involuntarily let out a small groan as the young woman took her hand again, much more delicately, comparing the broken nails with a blood red tinge on them to her pretty, aqua ones. "You're wearing makeup as well?" The young woman gave a small, almost embarrassed smile,"No, it looks nice!-"

"Just had a meeting with the Colonel." Butcher proudly announced, hanging his coat up.

"Mallory?" Rowan guessed, attracting attention from the rest of The Boys.

"Y-you saw her?" Frenchie stammered.

"That's right, Frenchie." He placed his large hand on the back of his head,"She's gonna' help us. We get her the supe terrorist, and she's gonna' get the C.I.A. to scrub out records clean."

"All of us?" She did a double take.

"You betcha'." Butcher clicked at her,"You're getting put back on the system, little girl."

"B... but that... that means..."

"With yours, truly," He offered, smirking as she looked away to hide her relieved smile."Get the 'Old Bill off our arses, and get you back to your girls." He presented to M.M.

"How do we know you're telling the truth?" Hughie challenged.

"734, Central Ave. Newark."

"What does that mean?"

"That's the address she gave me. It's linked to the blind bank account that smuggled in that supe cunt stateside. And I'll bet you he's in there." Billy couldn't help but tease, which was frankly fucking admirable after what happened to them,"Oh, my Lord, ain't you twats lucky that I showed up?"

____________________

She had to admit, it was strange being on the road again so soon - bumping up and down in the back of a minivan beside Hughie while Kimiko fiddled with the origami boat she had recently been obsessing over for whatever reason. Almost as if nothing had changed. But it still felt wrong. She was still drained and unable to focus.

Hughie was currently discontentedly bopping his head to 'You're Only Human' by Billy Joel in his earphones, paying close attention to the music video and whispering the lyrics to himself.