𝘷𝘪𝘪𝘪) 𝐆𝐎𝐎𝐃𝐁𝐘𝐄, 𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑

Rowan held her arms out wide and her long hair fell in front of her face. "D-Daddy?" She stuttered out with wide eyes as the blue ice beneath her skates cracked. "I'm scared." She admitted.

"Don't be, little one." Dylan held his hands out towards her encouragingly,"Just come to me and then I'll take you home and we'll get dinner - just walk to me and your brother."

Her eyes shifted to her brother, with messy, ruffled, ebony hair and a hood hiding his face. He couldn't bare to look at her, to see her like this. "I can't." She whispered.

"If you don't walk to me, we can't go home." He reasoned.

Rowan adjusted the wires on her wrists and her foot slipped forwards slightly, making her almost trip. Her breaths grew heavier as ice underfoot broke."Daddy!" Her voice grew panicked.

"It's okay," His large hands softened in her direction,"Come on, baby."

Taking a deep breath with her eyes closed, Rowan nervously skated a few steps further to the frosted banks. Her fingers and lips were blue. After all, she was only wearing a long-sleeved top and shorts in the middle of winter while the skies grew darker. That, unbeknownst to her, was the concept of this.

She sniffled and hunched her shoulders, the cold was making her grow weaker. Her eyes fluttered and she fought to keep them open, calls of her brother passing through her ears without effect. "Daddy, I can't..." Rowan let out a long sigh with hardly any tone, before she slipped and her legs gave way beneath her.

"Hey, Ro, open your eyes, Bubs." A warm hand smoothed over her cheek, accompanied by a comforting voice that brought warmth back to her heart. 

"Tee..." She murmured, shakes in her voice with each vibration of his hurried steps.

"We're going home, kiddo." He hoisted her up so her small, soft head tucked into his sweater hood,"Bed sound nice?"

"The bunk den?" Rowan whispered innocently. 

"Hell yeah," He smiled softly, face buried in her dark hair,"I'll even stay at the bottom bunk with you."

"All night long?"

"All night long."

____________________

Her fingers dug into the white leather, collecting chunks of sea-life flesh beneath her broken nails as she pulled herself through a thick layer of skin and gasped for air. She rubbed the blood out of her eyes and squinted at The Boys as Butcher declared,"Fuckin' diabolical."

Apart from Rowan having just crawled out of a whale, something still didn't feel right. "Where's Hughie?" She asked, breaths growing heavier,"WHERE THE FUCK IS HUGHIE?!"

"You guys go ahead, I'll be fine."

She spun around as he called from inside the mammal, head leaning by the still thumping heart and twitching organs. Rowan exchanged a braced glance with Butcher and before a single word escaped her lips, he knew exactly what she was thinking.

"Fuck no, Fields." He pointed at her in his soaked coat.

"Fuck yes." She smirked back, despite feeling squelchy whale blood soaking into every inch of her skin.

"The Seven are gonna' be here any second!" He yelled,"Rowan, you are not getting back in that fucking whale!"

"I'm getting back in the fucking whale!" She giggled mischievously while slipping about on the squealing animal's fin and splatted right onto her chin, landing in a warm mound of flesh and chuckling to herself,"Come on, Hughie." She reached her hand out,"Let me give you a hand."