It all begain.....

It was a sunny morning that day. Marrow beach was just starting to fill, but the crowds were still small. I decided that it was the best time to go for a walk. I headed down from my room and started my stroll to the beach stopping only long enough to get a coffee from my favorite shop. As I reached the beach that day, the breeze blowing through my hair, I could feel this odd buzz to the beach sand. It felt different between my toes. I walked my normal path enjoying the sun on my back. When I had walked as far as I could I noticed something I never had before. A small outcropping of sand and rocks that I had never walked before. It only took me about five minutes to explore it. While in the center of the crescent, I noticed a small handle sticking out. I grabbed it and pulled to which a small blackened teapot followed out. It was tarnished but otherwise seemed in good condition. I decided I would take it and clean it. Who knew what price it could fetch at a local shop.

When I returned home, I pulled out my shining kit. Slowly and meticulously I set it up. I started to apply the cleaner working in slow circles. Suddenly, a wind blows through the house and twirls my curtains in it's fancy. It distracted me for a moment with its intensity. When I finally looked down, the teapot was sparkling. It's bronze hue was almost glowing in the light. Confused, I dropped it to the table.

"Please take care with that." I heard from behind me. Startled, I spin around, looking for the voice. To my surprise, I found a very simple looking woman standing in my house. "Where did you come from?" I ask. "Well from the teapot obviously. I know it's not the normal lamp but I like it." She says matter-of-factly. "My name is Katarina, and since you have woken me, your three wishes are mine to grant. But there is a catch! The first two are for you to choose. The third I will decide from what I find deep in your heart." I stare at her numbly in disbelief and shock. Slowly I nod my head in agreement, wondering what my deepest heart will tell her.

"My first wish is for those I care for to never need for anything again. They must always have what they need to get through each day." I say confidently.

"Done" she says.

"My second wish," I start. Thinking hard on what I truly need. "is to never lose my home. This place is my peace and solace. It is where I can always be me." I raise my gaze and lock eyes with her as I finish my statement.

"Done" she says.

It is now that I see this darkness spiraling in her eyes. It is almost frightening the way her demeanor changes. She glides closer to me, a smirk on her face, as her hand reaches for me. It comes to rest on my chest, just over my heart.

"Now I will look into your heart and find your deepest wish and desire. Do not fight me as it is a dangerous game to resist me. For this moment, you are mine."

I feel her hand slip inside my chest, yet can see it still on the outside. An immense pain rolls through me creating an agony I have never known. Scenes from my life start to flash before my eyes. Things I had once craved and desired. Things long forgotten. Yet the pain I could not shake. With each passing memory it grew. Each lost desire tearing down walls I didn't know were there. It felt as though my heart was being ripped from me. I couldn't take it. I couldn't handle the shock of what I was feeling. I reached for her arm and started to pull it away but it was like it was latched to me. The room started to spin and darken. The pain rose even more. Yet still I found myself fighting. My legs finally gave, and as I fell to my knees, she followed. My arms dropped to my side, my body feeling weakened and frail.

"I warned you what could happen. Resisting is dangerous." she sighed. "You can not win though. I will always find what I'm looking for." She paused for a moment as the pain sent shocks throughout my limbs. "Yes, there it is."

At that moment my vision cleared. And there in front of me she sat. Her, the one I had always longed for. Her raven hair flowing in the slight breeze that seemed to fill the house. Her striking blue eyes fluttering open to stare at me.. She was on her knees, collared, holding a leash out to me.

"Take me Master. I am yours." She begged.

"But where did you come from?" I asked, shocked and starting to stand.

"Does it matter? I am here now. All you have to do is take it and I am yours." her eyes melted my heart.

In my head I hear Katarina. To me she says....
"She is yours. She will always be yours. Take her and care for her." Then I heard a dark chuckle. "But, always care for her. Do not wrong her. For if you do I will be back." The warning in her voice sent a shudder down my spine. "Her life is in your hands, and if you take it, yours is mine. That is the game, the dangerous game. If you mistreat her in any way you become MINE!"

I can feel my own fear. I tremble as her words echo in my mind. But I can't shake how bad I want this woman. I walk over to her, and take the leash.

Once more in my head I hear...
" The deal is struck. My game has begun. You will be mine in time."

I could only wonder about her confidence.