t w e n t y - t h r e e

"You know, you'd think they'd put a label on these meds." Charlotte muttered angrily to herself as she went to pick up a patients prescription from the pharmacy with Ana. "Like maybe, oh I don't know, Citalopram, it'll make you throw up seven times in one day!"

Ana chuckled as she signed in the logbook and took the prescription from the pharmacist, passing polite greetings from each other.

"I list the side effects and how the medication helps you when I prescribe it Charlie."

Charlotte rolled her eyes, taking the little packet full of prescription drugs from Ana's hands. She skipped happily down the hallway of the hospital, towards Ana's office, the bag of drugs swinging in her hand.

"Charlie, slow down." Ana called out, trying to stifle a laugh. "You're going to-"

Yep. The thing she was trying to warn Charlotte of happening, happened. Only not to Charlie, to Ana. A little 'oof' slipped out of her as she crashed into a hard mass — a human, it seemed.

"Woah." She heard the man chuckle as he steadied her with his arms. "You okay there?"

Ana chuckled nervously, stepping backwards a little and nonchalantly shrugging his hands off her shoulders, not liking the way they rested on her.

"I'm fine, thank you."

Charlotte smiled coyly as she watched Ana with the cute guy in a suit. She, however, did know something Ana didn't. Aaron had called her ten minutes ago to find out whether Ana had any patients (she didn't), and if her calculations were correct, he'd be here in:

"Three," Ana looked up at Charlotte in confusion. "Two." Charlotte grinned, seeing Aaron walking down the hall, towards the three of them. "One. Hey Aaron! Good to see you."

Aaron nodded, a small smile on his face. "Hey Charlotte."

His face hardened considerably as he stepped towards Ana, wrapping his arm around her waist snugly as he stared down the man in front of her. The guy in the suit laughed nervously, feeling rather uncomfortable under Aaron's stern gaze.

"Um. Oliver Jameson." He held his hand out to Ana. "I'm the new chairman of the board here at Mary Washington." He flashed her his pearly whites.

She smiled politely and shook his hand, "Dr Anastasia Pierce."

He turned to Aaron, an awkward, tight lipped smile on his face. "And you are?"

"Aaron Hotchner." He said curtly, shaking his hand firmly and feeling a slight satisfaction when the man winced.

Oliver nodded slowly, "I don't believe I've seen you around before. Do you work here?"

"No. I'm chief of the Behavioral Analysis Unit at the FBI."

Oliver raised his eyebrows in shock. An FBI agent? "Wow," he blew air through his teeth gently, "that's, uh, impressive."

Aaron flashed him an incredibly fake smile and Ana laughed nervously when she noticed.

"Well, it was nice meeting you Mr Jameson." Ana said hurriedly. "I must go, I have a patient in a few minutes."

Oliver nodded, "Yes, wouldn't want to hold you back from doing your job. It was nice meeting you. Both of you."

Ana smiled at him and watched as he walked away. Charlotte disappeared into the office and Ana turned to Aaron. She noticed the way his jaw tightened in Oliver Jameson's general direction and grinned. He looked down at her with a frown.

"I don't like him."

She brought her hand up to his face and trailed a finger down his jaw, gripping his chin lightly between her fingers. "You're hot when you're jealous."