t h i r t y

"Ana?" She heard Charlotte call her from inside her apartment.

Ana was still nestled comfortably in Aaron's arms, the two of them missed each other too much to move. The door had slammed shut behind her when she fell into his hug, not even bothering to tell her two friends what was happening.

"You should go appease their worrying minds." Aaron mumbled in her ear, his arms not budging even though he was telling her to step out of the hug.

Ana nodded, unwrapping her arms from around his neck and letting them fall deftly to her side, smiling up at him as his eyes entranced her and made her forget everything she knew. Try as she might, she couldn't seem to be bring herself to budge from standing in front of him.

He noticed and his eyes crinkled with mirth, this was the first time he had felt wholly and genuinely happy in months.

"I'm going to kiss you now." He said softly and she nodded.

He slowly brushed her hair back from her face and cupped her cheek, drawing her face closer to his and pressing his lips softly against hers. She felt herself literally melt into the kiss, his lips moving softly and tenderly against hers. He poured all his love into the kiss, savoring the taste that was so uniquely her, his hands moving into her hair as he deepened the kiss.

She let out a soft gasp as he tugged gently at her hair and he smiled into the kiss, finding comfort in the fact that he could still elicit this kind of reaction from her. Ana trembled under his touch, feeling her breath being taken away, not by the kiss, but the sheer fact that he was here. And he still loved her.

"So that's what's taking you so long." Charlotte quipped from behind the couple and they hastily separated from each other.

Ana chuckled nervously, "Yeah. Sorry."

Charlotte made space for Sera as the two of them crowded in the doorway, staring at the doctor and the agent. Sera narrowed her eyes at the messy haired man, an accusatory glare aimed solely at him.

"You hurt her again and I will chop your balls off. In med school, we learn how to heal people, but we can't learn to heal if we don't know how to hurt. I'm an excellent healer." She told him, her voice cold and stare icy.

Aaron gulped and nodded frantically. "I can't promise that we're not going to fight, but I'm going to try like hell to make sure she doesn't get hurt."

"Again." Charlotte deadpanned.

Aaron's face pulled into a sad frown and he nodded slightly, "Right. Again."

"Guys." Ana warned, watching as the two of them refused to back down.

"We're leaving." Charlotte relented. "Come on Sera."

"I heard it's extremely painful when you do it with a bone saw. You know, those sharp, jagged edges cutting back and forth, must be painful." Sera said loudly as she walked down the hall with Charlotte.

"Really?" Charlotte sounded genuinely intrigued as she and Sera carried on walking.

Sera hummed, pushing the button for the lift hard. "Mhm. I wonder what it would be like to test that theory."

The elevator dinged, indicating that it was on their floor. They got inside and the last thing that Ana and Aaron heard was,

"We might find out soon enough."

Aaron gulped, his face paled as he listened to the two of them.

"Scared?" Ana lifted an eyebrow at him as his eyes widened, watching as the doors of the elevator closed on Sera and Charlotte's faces.