Chapter 7

Black Light:

After the lizard approached their room complaining about the Black March and how Bam shouldn't have it, she made a deal with the boy that if her team won, he would give up the black hairpin. But if Bam's team won, she would give away her Green April.

The 13 months series are compressed into many artifacts ranging from rings, necklaces, bracelets, and many more. This way, they are harder to find and collect since a majority of the thirteen princesses are after them. In the Black March's case, it is disguised as a black, traditional Chinese hairpin.

Of course, they don't remain as tiny objects. Anaak can unlock Green April's full potential as seen from the recent battle. From a simple necklace to a hook.

Khun ruffled Bam's hair and confidently accepted Anaak's challenge. He wouldn't let his team down, especially with Bam on it. And so, they entered the arena for the third round.

The little Khun watched as they foolishly fought over the replica with a devilish grin on his face. Bam, who was sitting on the throne with the blue bandanna hiding away his eyes, listened as the former explained what was currently happening.

Khun sighed carelessly and unexpectedly plopped his head down on Bam's lap as he shared his plan with the boy and alligator. "There are three Regulars that I gathered from the very first test that are protecting the throne. I made a little deal with them that if I helped them up, I would, in turn, receive their help later on." He yawned as Rak aggressively threw his spear at the others. "I didn't want to use them so early, though. Such a shame."

"Wow, Mr. Khun, you really are amazing," chirped Bam, reaching out to touch at blue bangs.

Khun opened half lidded eyes and hummed. "Of course I am. I didn't make it this far for no reason."

The brunette laughs albeit nervously. "Right, I'm sorry."

Rolling his eyes, he mutters a quiet "don't be" as the final round sets in motion.

There were a few things Khun noticed. One, that the anonymous team weren't aiming for Bam or the crown. Two, a woman in skintight clothes wiping everyone out. That most certainly wasn't the weirdest thing he's seen in his eleven years of living. And lastly, he had to get off the throne to also protect it from the others (to Bam's visible displeasure).

Battle cries filled his ears until one voice stole his attention. A girl. Rachel. She had told him not to worry, that they weren't after the crown.

Unable to contain himself, Bam had removed the blue fabric from his face, pale, gold eyes focusing on the simple hooded figure to his left. Before he had a chance to smile, Khun screamed his name from afar. Bam looked up. A woman came descending and her staff making impact with the girl's forehead and sending the hood flying back, revealing the familiar locks of blond hair.

The boy didn't hesitate to jump from the throne, risking his team's success in order to protect her from the next hit that landed at the back of his head and making his head ring and dragging everything into a black veil. He could hear his name being called by many, especially one.

But he couldn't see...

—+—

The sky. Blue and beautiful. Adored but out of reach. It has been years since he last saw the breathtaking sight. To him, it was nothing compared to the dark, desolate night that he was.

Jue Viole Grace sat in an apartment room, silently scrolling through a computer with an icepack held to his forehead. Behind him, a person of blue hair and pale skin rested in the bed, the curtain parted just right for the light to shine on their unconscious figure.