Chapter 11

Weave and Thread:

"Wow, it seems that everyone is having some trouble with their tests. Are Endorsi and Anaak doing okay? I thought they were sisters, like Yuri, so why fight?"

Khun tilts the can of Banana Black in his hand, listening to how the liquid echoed in the tin. "They aren't actually related. Every one of Jahad's princesses are born from different families and tribes. The only thing they really have in common is the blood they were bestowed by Jahad. It's because of their titles that they fight."

From across Khun, Bam bowed his head. "That's kind of sad. Having a title like that must be hard on them."

"You'll have to ask them yourself," he said, chugging the rest of the drink. But I'll be damned if I let you near those self-indulgent women.

Last night had gone unspoken between the two but it was certainly acknowledged when they woke up, Khun quietly asking if he slept well and even volunteering to brush the boy's mess of hair.

Of course, he had hesitated a bit before finally accepting the offer. Bam doesn't regret it now. Khun had a surprisingly gentle touch. He even weaved together a small braid to match his own. That made the boy beyond happy.

"Bam!" called a voice. The Khun grimaced with recognition. Shibisu trotted over and wrapped his arms around the brunette, feigning sadness. "Big Brother Shibisu wants to spend time with you too. Mr. Khun here is getting greedy with the time he spends with you."

Shibisu yelped when the can was tossed at his head, careful to not hit the one trapped in his embrace. "Who would want to hang out with a moron like you? Clearly you're too incompetent to be a comfort to anyone."

A loud, exaggerated gasp left him and he pulled away to fold his arm. "In case you forgot, I was the one who let you know Bam was in distress. You should be thanking me, if anything. How about you braid my hair too?"

Khun clicked his tongue because he was damned right. "You have no hair to braid, idiot. Besides, that service is only exclusive to Bam."

Hatz sat at the table next to the pair, keeping a distance from the conversation only they seemed to know about. "Shibisu, what of our assignment?" interrupted the young swordsman, looking between the three questionably with large, pitch black pupils.

"Mr. Hatz, is your assignment not going well for you two?"

Khun watched as Shibisu visibly sagged into the chair next to Bam. They then searched their pockets and slipped the paper onto the round surface of their table.

"Well, you're almost there," he remarked, scanning the last two empty slots. A miracle they even got that many signed.

"But it's due today," Shibisu whined, slumping further.

Out of nowhere, Bam turned to Khun with burning determination to which he responded with a harsh flinch. "Mr. Khun, I think we should help them." Oh no, not again. "After all, we shouldn't just abandon our friends. Mr. Shibisu has been nothing but kind and I want to do everything I can to repay him."

Khun glowered at the one beside the boy, resisting the urge to groan because he could practically taste the words of acceptance on his tongue. It was annoyingly getting harder to deny Bam. "Was that another thing Rachel taught you?" he said instead, bouncing his crossed leg under the table.

A large smile became evident across his face as he nodded. It was as if Bam already knew Khun would say yes. "So? How about it?"

The Light Bearer side eyed Hatz and sneered. "Whatever you want, Bam."