𝖋𝖎𝖋𝖙𝖞-𝖙𝖜𝖔

(unedited)

the soft clinks of the ice hitting the side of the bucket was the only sound in the room as kangmin tried his best to keep his composure.

it had been about a month since he had spilled the poison on his hand and the blisters and melted skin were still there. it was as if he had just had the accident 20 minutes ago and it caused his blood to boil.

this was only happening because of his mark that had disappeared and left an ugly scar across his collarbone. the maroon color had blended into his skin and occasionally burned every few minutes or so, but his hand was the one hurting the most.

as he swirled his hand around the ice filled bucket, the door creaked open and in walked through jihyun. surprised, the alpha jumped back as soon as his eyes laid on kangmin, his eyes later moving down to his hand.

he quirked an eyebrow up, "what happened with your hand?" he walked a few steps forward to get a closer look.

"i had an accident while cooking, fucking water was too damn hot..." kangmin lied, carefully lifting his hand out and grabbing a wet towel. jihyun watched as kangmin wrapped his blistered hand in the towel, and kangmin growled, "what? something on my face? what are you doing here?" he barked out rudely.

jihyun made a face at him which almost made kangmin punch him in the face, but he knew that woojung would be here in a few minutes, so he didn't.

the alpha walked around the room and opened a few cabinets, "i'm just looking to see if my father has any jars" jihyun looked over his shoulder to see kangmin clearly judging him, so he emphasized.

"jungwoo baked some cookies last night, but i don't have any jars that are big enough for the amount he made. so i'm going to surprise him when i get back home." he had a smile on his face as he said jungwoo's name, the omega popping into his mind with a cute grin as he opened another cabinet and rummaged through there.

kangmin was silent, smirking as he stupidly wrapped the towel around his neck. he sighed breathlessly as the cold water settled into his stinging mark, relaxing back on the chair that he was sitting in.

"ahah!" jihyun exclaimed, jumping up on his feet as he held a huge jar in between his hands, "this one is per....fect...."

the excitement in jihyun's voice died down as soon as he saw kangmin with the towel around his neck.

the older alpha had his eyes closed, so he opened one eye to see why jihyun stopped talking. he saw the shocked look at the alpha's face, so he quickly snatched the towel away from his neck and wrapped it around his hand again.

he prayed that the younger alpha would keep his mouth shut as he took in his mistake, but he groaned as soon as jihyun spoke.

"why...did you have that on your neck?" he forced the words out as if he had the air knocked out of him, his speech indicating how shocked he was as he quickly connected the dots on what kangmin had on his neck.

the older alpha growled at him and tightened the hold on his towel, "you should be going now, you've gotten what you needed, correct?" he shot one eyebrow up before relaxing them as he stared at jihyun. the youngest alpha could feel the pain in the back of his throat as his eyes began to water, "what..."

jihyun cleared his throat since it had cracked and spoke again, "i need...to use the bathroom"

kangmin watched the distraught alpha stumble his way into the bathroom, bouncing the tip of his boot off and on the floor as he realized that he fucked up.

nobody knew about his faded mark except for woojung and if he hadn't wrapped the stupid towel around his stinging neck, he wouldn't have had to make up an unbelievable excuse.