twelve

Jungkook took a deep breath before typing in the passcode to enter the basement

Jungkook took a deep breath before typing in the passcode to enter the basement. Jungkook hadn't seen Namjoon for three days. The blond haired male had been willingly avoiding him for three days, until last night, when Namjoon texted him the passcode to the basement, asking Jungkook to visit him. Once the beep was heard, the door opened and Jungkook stepped inside. The place obviously looked the same, except for the extra two computers that were new. Jungkook also noticed a small dish washer and un-eaten breakfast sitting on one of the tables.

Namjoon appeared, looking rather tired as he approached his baby brother. "You came. Didn't think you would" Namjoon sat down on one of the chairs. "Come here" Namjoon gestured with his hand. Jungkook sighed, sitting down beside his brother. "Why did you call me here?" The room was silent for a moment until Namjoon spoke. "I need your help kook. As much as I don't want you getting in this mess, your a Jeon and your my family. Mum and dad were our family. If we don't do anything those people will kill us. I need your help, please" Jungkook could tell Namjoon was practically begging at this point.
Namjoon knew Jungkook all to well. The elder brother knew the ravenette didn't want anything to do with his mum and dad. But Jungkook did love Namjoon.

"What do I need to do?" The elder sighed of relief and sat up. "I know your amazing at hacking. Although you haven't done it in a while.." Namjoon moved towards one of the computers at the far end of the basement. "Could you help us hack into this server?" Jungkook looked at Namjoon before looking at the computer screen in front of him. The blond haired male indeed was a hacker. He was not a professional hacker neither a legal one. But Jungkook enjoyed it. Much before even moving to NYC, Jungkook used to hack into multiple accounts and devices.

At that time he used to do it for fun. But now, it wasn't fun anymore. Jungkook loved hacking, it was like a hobby he could never forget. So his fingers were now on the keypad, typing away. Namjoon could never understand how his younger brother got into hacking. It confused him. Jungkook eyed the codes and numbers on the screen carefully before moving further. "You do know what your hacking into... right?" Jungkook questioned, turning to Namjoon.
"Yea, why?" The younger shook his head slightly. "The gold elites. Their not ordinary people, Namjoon" Namjoon nodded, eyeing the computer screen.

"They are our best shot" the elder took a sip of his coffee, taking out some files from the drawer. "I had Jin do a small background check on them. Turns out there's a fest happing in a month. The gold elites will be attending" Namjoon opened the file, passing it over to Jungkook. "So we negotiate with them?" It wasn't exactly the best idea. The gold elites consisted of four brothers. They were one of the richest families. Mrs and Mr Jeon had a negotiation, a business with them, but that business plan got cut off when Mr and Mrs Jeon passed away.

There was no contact to the gold elites...until now. The four brothers were extremely dangerous. Money meant everything to them. Mr and Mrs Jeon did owe alot of money to the golden elites. Namjoon and Jungkook were playing a dangerous game here. "Are you sure they would even want to meet us after what mom and dad did?" Jungkook scanned the papers, looking at his brother.

"Their the only ones who can help us kook" and it was true. The golden elites had a bunch of money. Plus, Namjoon had also found out that his parents and the golden elites had a rather friendly relationship. They weren't only business partners. Jungkook sighed, going back to the computer. "The fest your talking about, we need to be invited. We can't just go without invitation" Namjoon nodded, placing his coffee down. "I'll tell Jin. He'll find a way" Jungkook could only nod. He wasn't sure if he even wanted to help Namjoon. But he didn't really have a choice. The people going after Namjoon, would go after him.

Jungkook sighed, reading through the papers in the file. Namjoon had been at it for a while now. Jungkook could tell the amount of work put into. Never did Jungkook think his parents were mafias. They never hinted it at all. And Jungkook never knew that he would have to cover up for his parents. He hoped everything would go well for himself and his brother.

||

Thank you for reading !!

🥀 See you in the next chapter 🥀