Nana Theory

Nana Shleiffen, a retired witch, is sick and tired of hearing about the Wilder's drama at family gatherings. The main topic of gossip always seems to be the antics of Sarah, the daughter of Howard and step daughter of Pia. She always makes a fool of herself, often drunk at gatherings, developed a habit of sleeping around after her divorce, and is said to have dropped out of college while working on her science degree. Out of pity, Nana always shows compassion to Sarah, knowing her behavior might be a result of untreated trauma from her mother's death. The Wilder's youngest daughter, Tala, who is more put together, probably from being too young to remember her mother's death, is going to marry her grandson Abe.
On the morning of Tala and Abe's wedding, Nana wakes up early to fix breakfast. On her way to the kitchen she sees Sarah exiting Abe's bedroom. Nana is shocked and is sad Abe is going to turn out like her cheating son. Knowing there is no nope for Sarah's impulsive behavior, she doesn't blame her. She hopes that Abe marrying Tala, a good person, will calm him down.
During the wedding, Nana can't help but observe the bridesmaid Misty and her boyfriend Nyles. She can tell they have a bad relationship because they keep arguing and Misty keeps eyeing the officiant, Trevor. At the time of the toast, she witnesses Sarah's drunk speech that embarrasses the whole family as always.
While everyone is dancing after, Nana wanders the place disgusted by how corrupt her family is. She spots Nyles also wandering around drunk. Nyles trips and falls into the bushes outside of a bathroom. When he gets up he looks into the window and sees Trevor going down on Misty. Nana feels very sorry for Nyles and hopes he won't remember what he saw the next day.
The next day Misty is asking everyone at breakfast where Nyles is. Nobody knows and Nana suspects he ditched Misty after what he saw last night. Hours later, a hotel manager and police knock on their door and notify them that a group of hikers found Nyles' dead body in a cave. Nyles died of alcohol poisoning while wandering the desert. Nana is heartbroken and moved by the event of Nyles' death to go back to using magic to save him.
Nana turns back time to many events to prevent Nyles' death. She tries to prevent him from seeing Misty and Trevor but fails. She tries to catch him before he heads to the desert but fails. She even tries to stop Misty from cheating on him but there is no world where those two don't end up together. Nana becomes weak from using too much energy and uses the last of her magic to create a portal to a time loop of the day in the cave that Nyles dies in. Instead of Nyles falling on the ground after dying, he falls into the portal of the loop. Nana can not use her magic until she has gained enough energy again, which can take years since she's an elder.
After 5 years, she goes into the loop to check on Nyles. He is completely over Misty and is more humble. She also notices that Nyles' favorite person to hook up with is Sarah. Knowing that both of them are trainwrecks, Nana decides to keep Nyles in the time loop longer but this time she goes back and pushes the events that lead to Sarah getting stuck in the loop so they can bond. This includes Roy getting into the loop. She doesn't mind him being in the loop because he also needs to learn a lesson about cherishing his family.
Nana is out of energy again. She worries that in 5 years Nyles and Sarah might hate each other by the time Nana can recharge and get them out but it could also be a good learning experience for Sarah. Maybe Sarah can finally stop fucking around and drinking too much. If Nyles and Sarah aren't together at least they will both be more appreciative of life.
One day Nana feels a jolt while watching TV. She notices that some things in her house are slightly different. The newspaper article from Nyles' death is gone. She goes to the kitchen and looks out the window to find Jerry, Sarah, and Nyles sitting by the pool having beers. It's only been a year and Sarah figured out how to exit the loop before Nana could recharge her magic.