You're Voldemort

Anna was dreaming...but it felt so real.

She had only realised how exhausted she was once her head hit the pillow. She hadn't slept for at least thirty hours, and only now did she have a chance to finally catch her breath. Her hand was curled around the locket, that she had been wearing the entire day. The sun shone through small slits in the curtains, but Anna had fallen deeply into sleep without any problems.

She was walking through mist, feeling it swirl around her legs as she walked, somewhat aimlessly around, feeling like she was being watched, but never seeing anyone.

A shadow was in the distance, but no matter how hard she tried to get to it, it remained a distant spot on the horizon. The wind blew suddenly, alerting Anna, and she froze, looking around.

A hooded face stood, not more than six feet away. They stood in silence for a moment, before he lifted his hood, revealing a face.

"Juliana?" The voice was achingly familiar, and the sound of it put chills up Anna's spine as she stepped away. "No, it's impossible...they killed you." He sounded angry, and Anna's heart rate increased as she began to panic.

"Who are you?" She shouted, even though she had a very good idea who he was.

"No. Who are you, and what are you doing with that necklace?" The man came closer, his fury undeniable. At a closer glance she could see the pale white skin. The red glowing eyes, the nose, deformed beyond recognition. He reminded her of a snake, and Anna trembled at the sight of him.

"Speak." He hissed.

"My name is Anna." She said, and his eyes narrowed.

"And who am I, Anna?"

"You...you're Voldemort!" She uttered and he laughed out loud.

"So strange to hear a mudblood know my name! They know me, deep in their primal brains they know to fear me, but they don't know who I am, don't whisper my name in fear like those who pretend to be wizards do!"

"Why do you have that locket?" Any smile was now gone in a flash, his eyes glowing red as he asked the question.

"It was my grandmother's." Anna answered, against her will, but she found that she couldn't imagine daring to lie to him.

Voldemort's face twisted at the mention of Juliana. "You stole it?"

"No. She gave it to me." Anna corrected.

Voldemort didn't seem to hear her, and he pulled out his wand, aiming it at Anna with all the intention to kill her.

"Wait!" She immediately shouted, and he paused, looking at her irritatedly while still keeping the wand raised.

"Why would you kill me? Julianna's granddaughter? The last remaining relative of the woman you loved? Surely you-"

Voldemort's cold laughter filled the air, his eyes hard. "I never loved Juliana, and whoever gave you such an idea is a fool! Juliana was a powerful witch, and having her in my ranks would have been beneficial."

"Then why give her the locket?"

"To make her loyal." Voldemort raised his wand again, dragging Anna closer with an invisible pull, so that they were only a meter apart. "She always had that irritatingly good moral code. But I have been known to be persuasive."

Of course. He had to be a complete psychopath.

Voldemort reached out, and Anna was unable to stop him as he placed a hand on her head, looking into her mind. A hot roaring pain spread throughout her, and Anna struggled in his grasp, crying out in agony. She was powerless to stop him as he looked through her thoughts and memories, learning what he could.

Her hand involuntarily made its way up to the locket around her neck, grabbing hold of it. Her hand tightened around the heart, and then a burst of white light shot out of it, knocking Voldemort away, and making Anna fall to the floor.

The world melted away around her, and Anna opened her eyes, pain and exhaustion so close to taking over. At last she fell unconscious, and the last thing she saw was her grandmother's smiling face.