Plans

The locket lay on the table, four pairs of eyes staring at it. Anna pulled the blanket over her shoulders closer to her chest, comforted by Sirius's arm around her shoulders, hugging her close.

Dumbledore had been silent since she had finished telling her story, looking at the necklace as if it might reveal some explanation.

"He's getting stronger." Gen's words weren't really directed at anyone, but the clouded look over her eyes suggested that she was remembering something.

"He could have found out anything. If he's been through your memories, he could have found out the location of the Order."

Dumbledore nodded slowly. "I think, for your safety, Miss Annelise, that leaving the country would be your safest option."

Anna blanched at the suggestion. On one hand it seemed rational, and a good idea in case Voldemort tried to target her in the real world. But leaving England? And where would she go?

Sirius pulled her tighter to him, his hand squeezing her own. Swallowing, Anna looked at Dumbledore. "Yes...yes I think that will be for the best."

"And the Potter's? Dumbledore, what about the Prophecy?"

"They are not safe here either." Dumbledore replied to Sirius's questions. "I have already spoken with James and Lily, and we have found a place for them. A place that they will be safe. And I think-" Dumbledore stroked his beard. "That you should be the secret keeper."

Anna wasn't sure what any of it meant, but she could gauge that being a secret keeper was a big deal. Sirius straightened his shoulders, nodding at the older wizard.

"I will." He promised, and Dumbledore smiled. "We will discuss that later. Right now, I think that getting Miss Smith somewhere safe is important."

And so, three hours later, a group of Order members sat in a circle, all debating the safest place for Anna, and the safest way to get her there.

"What did you say to America, Anna-Banana?" Gen asked, curled up on the couch, opposite her childhood friend. Anna hesitated for a second, then shrugged.

"America is good. I'm sure I'll be able to find some work there."

"Treat it as if you're going on a holiday." Gen instructed her. "The war is going to be over soon. I can feel it."

Anna found that she believed Gen. After all, she was rarely wrong.

"The death eaters have been tailing Anna for days now." James pointed out, jiggling an excited Harry on his knee as he spoke. "They'll know that something's up if we're with her."

"I'll go." Sirius vollentured almost immediately. "As Padfoot."

"Pad-what?" Anna twisted her head to look at him.

"You haven't told her?" Remus looked surprised and Anna looked around at the faces amongst her. "Told me what?" she asked, feeling that the question was becoming rather common.

"We- James, Peter and I, are Animagi. We can turn into a certain animal at will."

Anna blinked, her eyes wide. "Wha--? That is so cool! Why didn't you tell me?"

"It never really came up." Sirius shrugged, looking apologetic.

"Can everyone do it?"

"All wizards can learn to do it, but many don't, as it is such a long process, and can take years." Lily explained.

"And so Padfoot is..?"

"I transform into a dog." Sirius explained, "James, or Prongs, is a stag, and Peter, otherwise Wormtail, is a rat."