Confession

It hadn't been long since Gideon had found out that their was a chance that he might die. He had for the most part given up on ever winning Mabel's heart. He got his affairs in order making sure he created a will entitling the pines twins and their family most of what he had. Including the job of burying him considering Gideon had never been that close to his family. Mostly due his father going jail and going crazy after Weirdmageddon . Gideon had been ready to move on and pass on. When one day Mabel gave him a call at this point Gideon hadn't talked to Mabel in weeks. His coughing had been getting worse and worse with each passing day. So he had stayed away from her. When Gideon had picked up his phone and saw that it was her he felt his heart leap out of his chest. "Yes Mabel to what do I own this pleasure of you calling me", he asked using the old tone that he used when he was younger. Due his nerves with talking to Mabel after not talking to her for a while.

"Gideon are you alright? I haven't heard anything from you in a while?"

"Nothing wrong with me I am fine as a fiddle Mabel"

"Okay so why are you talking like you did when you were nine?"

"Oh no reason darling I just felt like talking like old times"

"If you say so. I was wondering if you wanted to hang out and see a movie"

"I don't see why not Mabel darling"

"Okay then Friday"

  "Yes I don't see why not darling", he said before hanging up the phone.  Letting out a deep sigh. He wasn't sure what to do. Just as he was about to give up on her falling in love with him. She had asked him out and Gideon wasn't sure what he was going to do now. Instead of sleeping that night Gideon spent the entire night trying to figure out what he was going to do. What Gideon didn't know was that his time was running out faster then he ever thought. He kept coughing more and more petals . It was getting worse. He was running out of time.  By the time Gideon fell asleep petals covered his room. When he woke up he saw petals spread through out his room. Gideon quickly got dressed before rushing to Mabel house banging on the door for Ford to answer. "Gleeful do you mind telling me why you are banging on the door?"

   "No time to explain can you get the x-ray and quick"

      "Okay", Ford said deciding to appease Gideon this time. He ran down and pulled out the x-ray and pulled up Gideon x-ray. To see a plant growing in Gideon body. "This is worse then I thought Gleeful you know that....."

      "That I don't have much time I know how much time do I have now Ford?"

"A few hours maybe a day at most"

    "Shit", Gideon cursed.

"Gleeful you should tell Mabel"

   "And be rejected no way I can't take it again"

"You don't know what will happen"

   "Ford I have a date with Mabel in a few hours and after that I won't ever see her again probably. Knowing that I don't have much time. At least let me have the last few hours of my life with women I love without thinking about her feelings for me"

     "But Gleeful are you sure that is what you want"

"Yes Ford I am sure. I have to go but thanks for everything you and Mr. Pines were like the father I never had. Due to my father going crazy after what happened with Weirdmageddon"

   "Well thanks I always thought of you like a son", Ford said before hugging Gideon tightly. Before Gideon went on his way to the movie theater. To see Mabel standing outside with a huge smile on her face. At this point Gideon could hardly breath. She pinched his cheeks before smiling. He pulled her hand to his face letting out a soft smile toward Mabel. Before pulling her head and laying a kiss on her forehead. 

  Mabel face went bright red. "Gideon what was that for?"

   "Nothing Mabel", Gideon lied. 

"Gideon I have gotten to know you alot recently and I know enough that I can tell when you are lying to me. Gideon don't lie to me please tell me what is going on. You have been acting not like yourself lately. Please Gideon tell me what is going on", Mabel begged. Causing Gideon to feel guilt. As he was about to say something he grew faint and coughed up more petals with small amounts of blood.  He fainted into Mabel waiting arms. "Mabel  if I die remember this I love you. I always have and always will", he said before he was about to shut his eyes. Before Mabel kissed him softly on the lips. 

  "You dummy I already knew that and I love you too", she declared as Gideon stopped coughing. Gideon got up and looked right too her. 

   "You love me really Mabel?"

"Yes I do and I have for some time. I was going to tell you but you beat me too it. Now care to tell me why", Mabel started before Gideon pulled her into a hug before bringing her hand to his cheek he could hardly breath from all the love he felt. He pulled her into a hug. As the two just stood there enjoying one another embrace. Knowing that their feelings for each other was returned. 

*End*

A/N: We are officially done wow I never thought I would finish this fanfiction. I thought I would give up. But I actually did it I finished it and I think it is halfway decent. I never thought I would get pass the one shot which is why I called it finished in case I gave up. Yet here we are at the end of the tale. I just want to say I loved writing this fanfiction. Honestly it was enjoyable and I loved writing about an older Gideon. I hope you enjoyed reading this fanfiction as much as I enjoyed writing it. Signing off author-chan.