Four

I wake up to a tightening in my chest. I sit up holding my chest breathing hard. Wait. Breathing? I take deep lung full of air and I don’t feel any pain. I smile and put my hand where I would feel my heart. Nothing. It’s silent still. I fall back then reach over to my table and pick up my phone. I press 1.

“Hello?” a groggy, but familiar, voice says.

“Drew, it’s Alex.” I say quickly, “I can breathe again.” I exclaim and wait for his sleepy brain to put 2 and 2 together.

He doesn't respond for minutes on end. I sigh, “You fell asleep. What a good friend you are.” I say a roll my eyes. I decide to go to his house instead, I leave the call on though wanting someone to talk to, but not actually talk to someone (If that makes any sense). I get out of bed and quickly change into a batman T-shirt and black shorts – comfortable clothing.

I pull on my black combat boots tying them quickly then grab my essential stuff, and shove them into my leather jacket pockets. I pull my jacket on then go to my window. I figure since I’ve seemed to ‘enhanced’ I should be able to jump from a second story building. I hang, my hands on the window sill, and then let go.

I land perfectly like they do in movies and stand up, flipping my hair out of my face. (Just so you know, I’ve been talking to Drew this whole time telling him stupid silly things). I grin and walk over to my extra skateboard I hide under some bushes. I pull it out then brush it off. I go over to the road throw my board along a little letting it roll, then run and hop on. I push my leg and before I know it I’m skating into Drew’s driveway. I stash my board behind their AC machine thing then go over to the tree next to his window.

I immediately start climbing till I’m sitting on the branch closest to his window, “Drew.” I say into the phone. I look in and see the phone in his hand under his ear. I can tell he’s asleep from here. I try pushing his window open and to my surprise it opens with ease. I slide into the room then shut the window. I hang up on him and take his phone out from under his ear.

Thankfully, years of knowing Drew have told me that he’s a hard sleeper. I hang up from his phone as well then look down at him. Some of his overly long hair has fallen into his eyes and I carefully swipe it aside. I smile at his peaceful face and quietly take off my boots. I set them down then climb in bed next to Drew. It’s not weird for us, we’re best friends, plus I’ve slept (Sleeping only! Don’t bring this to the gutter!) with him before. I move so I can watch him sleep and lay there, listening to our even breaths. After what feels like hours I drift to sleep as well.

I wake to something moving violently next to me. I jerk awake and look at my surroundings. I remember all to quickly that I went to Drew’s house and got in bed with him. I look next to me and come nose to nose with Drew, I chuckle, “Good morning?” I say in more of a question. He looks at me confused for a moment, “Drew?” I ask, “You okay?”

And before I can comprehend he jumps out of bed and stands, half naked, staring at me wide-eyed. I watch him look me up and down, “How much did we drink last night?”

I openly gape, does he seriously think we went that road!? I think to myself and sigh, this is Drew we’re talking about… “Drew, nothing happened. Do you have a hangover? No. I know you don’t.” I say and slowly stand up. I walk over to him and put a hand on his bare shoulder, “Listen, I called you. Remember?” he nods so I continue, “You fell asleep on the phone so I came over here and fell asleep.”

His face calms and actually looks at me for the first time, “So…we’re…safe?” he asks. I laugh and nod, his face brightens, “Well, good.” He says and picks me up. He throws me onto his bed and then walks over to his closet. I watch him find a light blue T-shirt and pull it on, then pull dark jeans over his boxers. He comes over and sits next to me.

We sit there awkwardish for a few minutes till he speaks up, “You called me…?”

“Right, yeah.” I say sitting up, “I can breathe again.” I say and take some deep breaths to prove my point and a grin breaks open his face.

My followers,

You thought Drew and I did the naughty didn’t you!? No? Oh, well it must have crossed your mind at least once! No? Well, then! Anyway, yes, Drew and I are back to our normal friendship. What was that? You think we’re going to get together? Well…you’ll just have to keep reading and find out. I might just meet another, hotter, guy who is just like me. ;) Keep reading, I’m actually enjoying writing this stupid diary thing.

Peace!

@ L 3 ><