Chapter 2

A week after I found out I was going to Hogwarts, Gramps (Dumbledore) took me to Diagon Alley. "Is this it?" I questioned as we entered the Leaky Cauldron, "Diagon Alley? No, welcome to the Leaky Cauldron." We went to the back door and left, surprisingly, all I saw was a brick wall, "Grandpa? Where is Dia-" he cut me off by saying, "just watch." He then tapped on the bricks in a certain pattern, and to my amazement, the bricks shifted revealing Diagon Alley. I looked around curiously trying to make sense of all the wizards and witches around me, and for the first time, I felt like I belonged. 

~~~~~~       

      "So, what do we need to get first?" I asked, still looking around, "your wand, some small and medium cauldrons, books, and of course, your pet; everything else I have already bought and is at Hogwarts." After we got the books and cauldrons, Grandpa took me to Ollivander's, he quickly said, "I will be waiting here for you, if I don't show up go to the Leaky Cauldron," then he gave me some galleons and pushed me in the store. "Hello, young lady," Olivander said sweetly as I walked in, "hi! I am here for a wand," I said with the biggest grin on my face, "what else would you buy at my wand shop?" he joked with a chuckle. "Come over here," he said motioning at his desk, I walked up to him and he grinned, "I'll be right back," then he disappeared behind the many shelves. A few minutes later he showed up holding a pink rectangular box, he took the bronze wand out and handed it to me, "come on, give it a wave," Olivander exclaimed, I did as I was told and the wand flew out of my hand and started shooting spells all over the place. Oliver took the wand, "no? Let me see then," he mumbled to himself, the second wand was in a black box, it had swirls all over, but that wand only made a lighting storm cloud over my head. After what seemed like hours, he showed up with a brown leather box, the wand was gold and looked very plain except for some snakes at the handle, when I held it, my hair started to sway lightly and my eyes glimmered. "Take it," Olivander proudly said, I gave him my money and left the store.

~~~~~~       

      Once I was outside, I looked around for Grandpa but he was nowhere to be found, so I decided to go for a quick walk, before heading back to the Leaky Cauldron. On my way back, I was looking around and I bumped into someone, all my books fell on the ground and I bent down to pick them up. Before I could open my mouth to say sorry I heard, "what the bloody hell woman, watch wher-" I got up and looked at him while saying, "sorry, I was just so distracted," I lowered my head. "It's okay," he said, scratching his neck, "I should not have yelled," then, he walked away. On my way back, I could not stop thinking about him, he was so young and mysterious. 

~~~~~~         

      "Y/N, look," I looked up to see gramps holding a black cat, "aww, she's sooo cute! I'm going to name her Shadow" "She can turn into an owl so that you can send letters to your mother," he said, smiling. I immediately pulled him into a hug, but he quickly pulled back when I heard, "Dumbledore?" I turned to see who it was, only to see a boy with black ruffled hair and circular glasses, he was kind of cute, "who is this?" He asked motioning to me while facing Dumbledore, "this is my granddaughter, Y/N" Dumbledore responded, "hi," I stammered, I barely ever talked to boys my age. "I'm Harry, Harry Potter," he smiled. 

~~~~~~      

      After I met Harry, Gramps left to attend a meeting, me and Harry became more and more comfortable with each other every minute that passed. Harry then introduced me to Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger, Ron was not that bad, but he barely talked to me; I wonder why. Hermione was very nice and from the few minutes that I had talked to her, I could tell that she was a smart girl. The three of them told me all about their latest adventures and Hogwarts, I was mostly fascinated when they told me about the different houses; Ron, Harry, and Hermione were all in Gryffindor. "I wonder what house you'll be in Y/N?" Harry exclaimed, "I hope Ravenclaw or Gryffindor," I responded smiling, but then I frowned and they noticed. "What's wrong?" Hermione asked kindly. "I know this might sound weird, but you guys are the only people I know in Hogwarts so," I took a deep breath, "will you guys still be friends with me if I get sorted into Slytherin?" I finished quickly, holding my breath. For a while, no one answered and I was starting to worry, but then Harry spoke up, "of course," I sighed in relief.