Shut Up Dylan

Y/n's pov

We walked over to a little area, where there was no one.

Internally I was still freaking out, was I dreaming? Because there was no way I was standing with Thomas Stanley Holland, and making up a plan.

I was basically living the "Y/n life."

Now, the problem was, I had no plan.

The only hope I had was that Tom was smart enough to have already planned something.

"So... do you already have a plan?" I ask.

"Unfortunately no," he said, shaking his head. "I thought no one would recognize me, judging where we are now, that obviously didn't happen..."

I furrowed my eyebrows and started figuring out a plan in my head.

"Oh shoot," I say, remembering I was here with my parents, and it had been at least twenty minutes.

"Y/n, are you okay? What's wrong?" he asked, the look of concern apparent on his face.

"I forgot to tell you," I said, me being a genius, only now remembering I also didn't tell him I was there with my family.

"Forget to tell me what, Y/n?" he asked, his eyes wide.

"So- okay, I'm on vacation here with my family," I explained, nervously fiddling with one of my rings. "But I told them I had some things to take care of, so they would leave me alone."

He nods, "Oh, that's okay, is there a problem with that?"

"No, but the thing is," I had an awkward smile on my face. "that was about twenty minutes ago..."

I quickly pull out my phone and text my mom.

*texts*

y/n
Sorry I'm not back yet

Mom
That's fine, is everything alright?

y/n
I recognized a friend, and I'm talking to them right now
I'll be there in a bit

Mom
That's great, you'll have someone to bug instead of me now

y/n
Thanks, mom

*end of texts*

"So, is everything okay?" Tom asked with his iconic smile, which I can't lie, melted my heart (this is cheesy I know, but I can't control my feelings).

"Yeah, I told my mom I was talking to a friend from school," I said rolling my eyes. "Like I would ever do that."

"Really?" Tom asked, an amused look on his face. "You, Y/n L/n, are unable to talk to someone you already know, but you're willing to come up and talk to me?"

My face flushed in embarrassment.

"Yeah, I guess so," that's when the perfect plan came to mind. "I have a plan."

"What is it?" Tom asked eagerly, a grin on his perfect face.

"Okay, my family is here, right?" I said.

"Yes."

"Well, what if we say you're my cousin from England?" I suggest.

"That's doable," Tom nodded.

"Okay, so we can say your 'parents' are on a long business trip, and couldn't bring you along."

"And my 'parents' don't want me home all by myself."