-> chapter 2

do i talk to him?

jun awkwardly tapped on the desk with his fingers, sometimes fidgeting with his pencil. it was the next day, in computer science, and jun could not concentrate for the life of him. his seat mate had easily gotten to work, but jun was stuck wondering if they should talk or not. the people around him were all talking to their seat mate, most of them actually ending up with someone who they were friends with or talked to sometimes. poor gyu, jun thought.

unfortunately for his seat mate, jun was blatantly staring. the younger looked back at jun sometimes, but tried to ignore his gaze as much as possible. at least he got some work done, while junhui sat and stared.

what do i say to him? should i ask him for his name? maybe his number? would it be less awkward if i asked him for help on the project? have i already made things awkward? probably. how do i undo the awkwardness?

"do you know how to do the project?" jun settled on asking. "i'm lost,"

the seat mate looked around to see who he was talking to, before realizing it was them, "the instructions are on the website,"

jun cursed in his head, realizing that what he said was possibly the stupidest thing to say, "o-oh, yeah. sorry for bothering you,"

"you're fine,"

"what's your name?"

"seo myungho," the seat mate- myungho- seemed to freeze up, trying to focus on coding. he only spared junhui slight glances.

"i'm moon junhwi," he smiled.

after that, the two stopped speaking. jun assumed that he should start working on his project, but he was too focused on the cute guy he just spoke to. if he thought that myungho's face and body was cute yet hot, then my god, he wasn't ready to hear his voice. why was he keeping that majestic voice such a secret to everyone? jun smiled internally, but he didn't know or care if it spread to his face.

the last thing that jun would be thinking about was his project. he could do that at home. but right now, he was much too focused on the adorable boy in front of him. there was truly no way to describe him other than ethereal. seo myungho was really ethereal. jun didn't think he'd ever seen a human like myungho.

he let out a sigh, which caused myungho to look at him with a confused expression. the younger couldn't tell if the sigh was from confusion, frustration, or happiness.

"are-" myungho said the one word before cutting himself off, shaking his head, and returning to his own project.

"what were you saying?"

"nothing," he shook off.

"oh... okay?" jun wasn't convinced that myungho had said nothing, but didn't want to question it.

the two went back to working on their projects, jun actually trying to get something done now. though, the two sometimes glanced over at each other, neither of them looking at the same time. it seemed like there was an awkward silence, despite the loud noises that were flooding the room.

after what felt like hours of working (not really, jun's just overdramatic), the bell rang, leaving the class to close their computers and quickly leave the room.

"oh! myungho!"

the younger was almost out the door when jun said anything. he turned around to face the junior with a raised eyebrow that pretty much said "what?".

"can i get your number?"

a look of panic went through myungho's eyes, which junhui caught onto and immediately made him panic a little.

"i meant in case i needed help! and maybe we could be friends or something,"

"o-oh," he looked down embarrassedly, before getting out his phone and giving it to jun. jun quickly typed his number in and handed it back.

"text me later, okay?"

with the nod of his head, myungho had left the room, junhui smiling like an idiot behind him.