~1~

What is it about the rain that makes a human feel so at ease? Is it the calm pitter-patter that disturbs the peace? Is it the thunder roaring into the sky? Maybe its the rain itself that was once believed to wash away a man's sins. However, his sins cannot be washed away because he is a monster. A hideous being with the heart of gold but, because of his "face", he is looked upon as a freak. Maybe they were right about him, possibly ignorant, and considered afraid above all else. He wears his electric blue hair in two ponytails, ears pierced twice at the bottom and middle of his earlobe, and he wears a white prosthetic mask for his face. "Everyone calls him Sallyface because of that damn mask. He's a freak, You should avoid him as much as you can." the student council president says in a hushed whisper as she shows the new girl around the school. The girl nods silently holding her books tighter to her chest as they walk passed the "freaks" of the school. 

The thunder clapped softly in the distance as the bell signaled all the students should head to class. Rumors about the new girl spread like a wild forest fire, and it was understandable because her beauty was otherworldly. She appeared to be a goddess sent down from heaven, she was so beautiful. Scorching ruby locks that look like hell's flames. Earthy-hue orbs that would make a man drop to his knees and submit to her every whim. Curves that turned heads and possibly broke necks and relationships. The fire goddess's name is Rubianne Rose, but she goes by Rose. With Emily, the student council president leading the way to Rose's class, the timid goddess of the school followed behind her silently. 

Emily left Rose a little while ago, but for some reason, she couldn't bring herself to open the door that leads to her Algebra class. A shaky sigh escapes her lips as she puts on a brave face trying to muster up the courage to face the stares of her peers. Her tiny delicate hand turns the doorknob slowly as she went through the door that held one of her many fears. Just as she dreaded about twenty pairs of eyes gawked at her like she was an alien. "May I help you?" the teacher questioned in a monotoned fashion. He held his book in hand and his bright green orbs stared at her impatiently through his glasses. His glasses were tilted down as his face held a tired expression. 

Rose tensed up as she felt her anxiety quickly building up. The girl's small frame began to shake as she remembered the words her parents informed her before she left for school. "Ruby, stay calm my dear. Take a low deep breath. Clear your mind of all negative thoughts and feelings. Start slowly and cheerfully my little cherrypie." she smiled angelically down at her greatest gift. Rose quietly gulped down her anxiety and took a low deep breath feeling her worries wash away. Closing her chocolate orbs, she imagined herself outside in the rain. It was as if time stopped just for her as the make-believe rain cleansed her spirit.  Rose slowly opened her eyes ignoring all the stares "I'm the new student Rubianne Rose, and its a pleasure to meet you all." introducing herself in front of her peers as well as the teacher

When she looked up to meet his gaze his pencil-thin lips curved into a smile none of the students have ever seen. Quiet whispers filled the room until the teacher spoke"Ah Ms.Rose, It's a pleasure to have you. I've heard a lot about you from the other Instructors and staff. Please have a seat next to Mr.Fisher. he said finally turning attention away from Rose and to the whiteboard. "Mr.Fisher please raise your hand for Ms.Rose so we can continue the bellringer." he continued, writing math problems from the book he was grasping earlier. Sal raised his hand as Rose's breath hitch inside her slender windpipe. Regardless, she takes a seat next to them as she was instructed before she makes the educator irritated. 

The class went by smoothly for Ruby although there were some quiet whispers and rumors about her amongst the entire school. The weird part was the gossip about her was nothing but positive. Little did she know that meant that she was amongst the popular crowd by Lunchtime. 

~Sal's POV~

Cherry red lips were all Sal could think about as he shoved his books into his cerulean locker. Sal could still remember the humble sweet smile she gave him after he let her borrow one of his pencils. Waist-length Auburn strands mimic water from a calm river rest easy over her shoulders. Half of her hair was up in a high ponytail and the other half settle on her back. Inky ripped skinny jeans hugged her hips in all the right places. Ruby's oversize Maroon wool sweater was simple but obviously warm enough on a cool rainy day. Her high-top converse matched her sweater perfectly. For some odd reason just looking at her Sally felt butterflies in his stomach when she made eye contact with. Oh, no has he been caught staring at her? His eyes dart down on his own work. He felt like such a creep checking her out like that until he felt a gentle pull on the sleeves of his own jet black sweater.