20: Set Up

SET UP:Solana worried that her colleagues—despite drowning themselves in alcohol, would be able recall the exchange between her and Spencer

SET UP:
Solana worried that her colleagues—despite drowning themselves in alcohol, would be able recall the exchange between her and Spencer.

Their goal was to NOT alert anyone about their relationship, and they were an inch away from failing. Emily gave them quizzical looks throughout the day whenever she saw them together. And JJ would often raise an eyebrow and smile at Solana whenever Spencer was near. It amused them to watch the pair interact, and they weren't subtle about it. Emily and JJ made no interest to hide their interest in their affairs. Even Morgan and Penelope— who already knew Spencer and Solana were dating, seemed overly invested in their love development. Considering they don't get a lot of optimism around the office, with the majority of the time being spent hunting down violent criminals— a relationship rumor would be the perfect thing to focus on.

Today was like any other. Solana arrived early, drank coffee, did some riddles, and read some books. Everyone else filed in shortly after; first Prentiss, then Rossi, then JJ, then Morgan and Spencer. Since Prentiss and Solana were often the only profilers in the bullpen (excluding Hotch who had no idea what was occurring), she would attempt to coax information out of her. At first, it was somewhat endearing. However, Prentiss's thoroughness grew agonizing.

"So, how's love in paradise?" She asked, poking Solana's shoulder.

"There is no love, or paradise!" She answered, chewing on the end of a pen, absent minded.

"That's what they all say."

Solans rolled her eyes, "Why are you bothering me— these cryptographs aren't gonna solve themselves. Go interrogate Spence when he arrives. He'll probably give you the nonexistent answers you're looking for."

"Nice try. But I'm gonna get you to admit something. I don't really know what yet...but you're hiding something, and you're gonna tell me." She sung.

"I'm hiding nothing. Spencer and I kissed because of a stupid game; end of story. That's all that happened. I could never actually think of him like that."

Prentiss tapped her chin, "Don't act like you couldn't tell he had a thing for you since the day you arrived. Also, the kiss seemed too natural, especially for Spencer. Before, he would be shitting bricks every time you made eye contact with him. But, all of a sudden he's down you throat with no hesitation? Something's changed between you two."

"Is he forbidden from being a good kisser? I didn't know there were rules against that. If you're mad about that, take it up with him."

"You know what, I am going to talk to him. I could probably intimidate him into telling me something."

"You go do that." Solana mumbled.

Spencer arrived at the most convenient time for Emily. She jumped out of her seat, rushing to Spencer, who sported a confused look on his face.