¶ONE: BEGINING¶

ONE: BEGINNING

Aba, Abia State, Nigeria 🇳🇬

Rosanna POV✨

The streets are busy as they seem. People are working hard to get their daily meal. No one is paying attention to another.
I'm holding tightly to my little sister and walking on this road, searching for our mother.

"Mama said she'd be here." Nene said. "I'm hungry."

"Just hold on a little. We'll see mama soon." I assured her.

But where was mama? She had told us that she'd be in the market.

"Let's go to her shop. Maybe she had gone there later." I said and pulled Nene along with me.

As we got towards a junction, we back hearing screams. I gripped Nene's hand and walked faster.

Some shops were on fire!
And...and Mama's shop was among them.

"Mama!" We both screamed almost running into them. We were stopped by some men. They pushed us away as they tried to bring down the raging fire.

"Mama!" I screamed.

"Ewoo. Chai. These children are crying now oh." One passer by said.

"What even caused this fire?"

"I don't have an idea. Chai."

I sat down dejected on the floor and the supposed fire was brought down.

The door to Mama's shop was open which meant that somebody had been inside.

Nene kept on crying.

"Mama!"

I didn't know if I should cry or not. I was tired of crying. I lost my mother. The best mother in the world.

Some men walked into the shop and brought out a body. It was already stiff as a result of the burn.

It was Mama!

The tears that came from both of us couldn't be suppressed. Some people offered to take her body home.

To a man who didn't deserve any love in his life.

To that man, my father.....

____________________________________

Hope you enjoyed this chapter...

Vote and comment please.

©Emmanuella Ajaegbu