¶FIVE: NENE¶

FIVE: NENE

Nene was born five years after I was born. Father as usual was expectant that he'd have a son. Though he had beaten Mother up many a time.

It hurt to watch father beat my mother. She was pregnant for Christ's sake but like I said, he never cared.

Nene had no injuries. She was a very beautiful baby girl. Mother called her Nene. Father was upset and decided not to have another baby with Mother. But Mother was happy that she had us both. We here her happiness.

Nene was a strong girl. She hardly cried when she was in pain. She first experienced Father's anger when he threw her down from a building.

Nene survived this fall but she never forgot that our father was a monster. Father had carried Nene when she was four years old to an uncompleted building and threw her down.

But we found Nene who had a fractured her bone. She got healed quickly. Nene was always stubborn. She didn't like trouble but if you looked for one, she'd surely give it to you.

Nene was Mother's bodyguard and also her best. Father stopped paying for my school fees when I was in Senior Secondary Two. Nene was in Junior Secondary One when he stopped too.

Nene loved school like I did. It was hard for us as Father decided that it was fire for fire in the house. I and Mama worked and made sure Nene got to the same class that is stopped.
Even though I wouldn't continue.

Mother was our best friend. We had few friends whom we moved with. They understood us at least. The rest were scallywags.

Nene was my world now. My shining star. If anything happened to Nene, I wonder what would happen to me.

_____________________
Vote and comment.