Sing - George Weasley

Character: George Weasley x muggle!Reader

Summary: You are a singer and your boyfriend of 3 years, George, goes to one of your shows

Warnings: short!!

☆ • ☆

You were a big part in George’s life after the war. You knew he had lost his twin brother, but he never told you how. It was after two years of dating that he finally told you what he was.

A wizard.

That’s when he told you how he lost Fred, during the Battle of Hogwarts. It hurt you so much, to see your boyfriend that usually cracks jokes at every opportunity, so completely and utterly broken.

And so you helped him get over his grief.

You are a singer at the local bar, and it’s usually your voice that lulls George to sleep after waking up from a rather nasty nightmare. You would be sound asleep when you feel someone tapping your arm. Turning to the side and opening your eyes, you see a traumatized-looking George. No need to an explanation, you would sit up, open your arms for him and he would lay his head on your chest.
You would hum a tune or sing out loud in a hushed voice, and that would be how he falls back into a dreamless sleep. You, running your hands comfortingly through his ginger locks, as he listens to the synchronized rhythm of your voice and thumping heartbeat.

-

George has been begging you to allow him to attend one of your shows, but you insisted you would feel even more nervous with him in the crowd. After a few days of bugging, you finally caved in, allowing him to attend. He was ecstatic, wanting nothing more than to hear your beautiful voice at another time, other than after a horrid nightmare.

You had already left the house, needing to reach the bar a half-hour before the show to prepare. George was getting ready, putting on a plain button-down shirt with a nice pair of jeans.

At the bar, the place had nearly filled out - your biggest show yet. You peeked through the curtains to see everybody, but one person caught your eye. There George was, off to the side, drink on his table while he tapped his fingers on it in anticipation.

“Y/N! You’re on in five!” Your boss Christopher called out to you. You grabbed your ukulele, which you would need for this particular song.

George noticed the lights start to dim in the room, so he eagerly looked at the stage, waiting for his beautiful girlfriend to arrive.

You stepped out onto the stage nervously, and he gave you two thumbs up in a wish of good luck. Then you started singing his favorite song.

Well you done done me and you bet I felt it

I tried to be chill but you’re so hot that I melted

I fell right through the cracks

And now I’m trying to get back

Your voice was as soothing as honey, he just couldn’t get enough. He was basically admiring you with heart-eyes, as one would call it, as if someone had fed him the strongest vial of Amortentia out there.

So I won’t hesitate no more, no more

It cannot wait I’m sure

There’s no need to complicate

Our time is short

This is our fate, I’m yours

As soon as you started singing, your nerves flew out the window. Just seeing George there was reassuring altogether.

When you finished, a round of applause was heard from the crowd, but with George clapping the loudest, that was all you cared about. This was the first performance he had heard from you, and you had absolutely killed it.

“Y/N!” You whirled around to be met with the chest of your boyfriend. He scooped you up into a bone-crushing hug, which you happily returned as he kissed the top of your head.

“I’m so proud of you, love,” he finally released you and grinned the biggest grin you had ever seen on his face, his eyes twinkling with pride.

You waved him off, “It was nothing, Georgie.”

“Well,” he said, “That was the most beautiful nothing ever."