Chapter 1 - New Girl

Amity POV

WHAM! Amity slammed her locker shut  and slung her bag over her shoulders.  Tucking a lose strand of hair behind her ear, she turned around and began walking down the hall. Her footsteps echoed in the empty hallways as she walked out the great oak doors of North Lake Highschool. She checked the time on her phone. 

5:53 pm. I'm gonna be late. Shit. Sighing and breaking out into a sprint, she shot across the enormous flower covered front lawn towards the rusted school gates. 

"WAIT FOR M-" 

Her bus drove away, leaving her panting in a cloud of stinking exhaust. 

Great. Now I'm gonna be even more late for rehab. 

Amity shot a quick text to Willow, asking her to save a seat. Trudging down the sidewalk she sighed and started walking towards Rest Assured Rehab, the only place in town where kids her age sat in baby chairs and were forced to share their feelings. Amity had been going there for a month now, almost long enough for people to forget-

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" 

Amity's head jerked behind her as a car going well above the speed limit shot past, the screaming passenger banging on the window.

"LET ME OUTTTTTT!"

She frowned. What a nutcase. Checking her phone again and sighing, Amity broke into a brisk jog. 

----------

Finally arriving at the rehab center, she pushed open the hazard yellow doors and glanced around at the circle of chairs. Two of them were already filled. Willow sat in the chair to the far left, eyes drooping as she struggled to stay awake. Yawning, she beckoned to the seat to the right of her. 

"I don't even know why you bother asking me to save you a seat. No one new ever comes, and no one ever leaves. Nothing changes." 

Amity rolled her eyes, setting down her bag and smoothing her hair back.

"You don't know that."

"As if you would."

Boscha snickered from the other side of the circle, arms crossed. 

"Compared to us, you're still new here."

"At least I haven't been in rehab for over a year," Amity shot back. "Nevertheless, you always seem to find some way to screw up and the cycle restarts."

Boscha's face grew red as she stood up. She growled angrily and started to walk towards Amity as a blonde woman strode out from behind the reception desk.

"My my, you two are at each other's throats again? We're only 15 minutes in." Kimberly checked her watch. "And we have a new arrival today! Everyone make sure you're on your best behavior." She shot them a wide smile and took a seat at the circle, tucking her floor length skirt neatly under her. No one really understood why she chose to counsel drugged up and mentally unstable teens when she could be modeling for Gucci somewhere, but she did it anyways. With her curly blonde hair, good looks, and confident attitude it wasn't hard to imaging her on a runway in Paris modeling some very exposing swimsuit. 

Amity leaned back in her chair and poked Willow, who was passed out.

"Whugh-"

"Where's Gus?"

"Dunno, nunya."

"...Nunya what?"

"Nunya BUSINESS!" Willow cackled and fell out of her seat, tears forming in the corners of her eyes. Amity sighed and checked her phone. Gus was the only relatively sane one there, other than Kimberly. 

[wya?]

[got sum important to do. make sure willow doesn't choke on her own tongue.]

[ugh. fine.]

Amity turned off her phone and glanced at Kimberly, who had wandered over to a window. 

"Ooh, look guys shes here!" She said excitedly, dashing to the door. The squeaking of wheels followed by a loud clinking noise entered the room as a wriggling figure strapped to a dolly was pushed in. A human muzzle covered most of her face, leaving only her untidy hair exposed. A blindfold covered her eyes. 

Beaming, Kimberly patted the man who wheeled her in on the shoulder and whispered a couple of words. With a nod the man set her down next to the one extra seat. Going back outside, he got into his car and drove off. 

"Now everyone, I would love to introduce,"

She unbuckled the back of the muzzle.

"The newest member of,"

The blindfold came off.

"Our group, Luz Noceda!"

Her eyes were a deep brown. Amity's breath hitched as they locked with her gold ones, and for a fraction of a second she saw something. Something familiar.

Luz broke eye contact, deeply inhaled, and screamed.

She was the nutcase.

~~~~~~~~~~

im workin on 2 stories and ive got school

might take a while for another chapter

smh