Chapter 3 - The First Night

Luz POV

I woke up in a large room on a mattress with no bed frame. Cracking my eyes open, I noticed that to my left was a tall window slightly open and to my right a full sized bed neatly covered with blue sheets. Rolling over, I saw that it was twilight and the sky had turned a soft shade of dark, purplish-blue. I felt that someone had put a pillow under my head and a thin blanket over me. 

Where am I? 

I sat up quickly, only to gasp in shock as my head started to throb violently. Black spots danced in my vision and I made a muted thump as I fell backwards. I tried to remember what happened before I passed out.

I was... I was still chained up. And there was a girl who let me out. What was her name, Amy? Arty? Empty? She reached behind me to take off the key around my neck and... I rolled onto my right side and felt myself stiffen.

She smelled like mint and sandalwood. 

I heard a door open slightly. Instantly I relaxed, closed my eyes, and deepened my breathing. You didn't get where I was not knowing how to feign sleeping.

I heard soft, padded footsteps enter the room. They came to a stop next to me, and I silently tensed. There was a slight rustle of fabric before I burst from the mattress, throwing whoever it was against the side of the bed and pinning my arm against their neck to cut off their breathing.

"WGHA-" She shoved me off of her easily, coughing and rubbing where my arm was. "Jesus christ, I was just coming in to check on you."

I didn't do anything except glare at her and cross my arms. Standing up again, the girl glowered and looked away. 

"My brother Ed took us home after you collapsed." She straightened her button down shirt and walked over to some drawers. Opening one of them and riffling around, she muttered, "I never formally got to introduce myself to you." Pulling out a neatly folded long sleeve shirt and shorts, she held them out and met my eyes. They were a light hazel with gold flecks in them.

"I'm Amity Blight."

Taking the clothes and toning down the glare I muttered, "Luz. What're these for?"

Amity glanced down at my sweatshirt and pants. "Well you can't just use that forever."

"Bold of you to assume I was staying forever."

She sputtered and I saw red creeping into her cheeks. "I d- You-" Amity threw up her hands and sighed. I smirked and sat up, crossing my legs on the mattress. 

"Aw, looks like I made you blush. What's next, you gonna melt whenever we get close?" I grinned evilly and stood up, taking the 3 steps needed to close the gap between us. "Whatcha gonna do now?" I said quietly staring down at her and leaning foward, our face literally inches apart. 

I sensed her breathing speed up as she leaned backwards, putting her hands on the dresser for support. "Wh-"

"HELLO FAIR MAIDEN!" A green hair boy burst into the room, banging open the door. A girl with similar colored hair bound in a tight braid followed closely behind him, a goofy grin on both of their faces. "Well well well, what do we have here?"

Rocking back into my heels I shoved an hand in my pocket and nonchalantly flicked the other one. "Introducing ourselves. Amity gave me some clothes to change into. Where's the bathroom? You know what, I'll find it myself." I left Amity red and gaping as I walked out of the room, giving a small wave without looking behind me.

----------

Amity POV

What.

The.