Chapter 7

"I love you." Wheeljack smiled. Ratchet walked over to them, looking at the blueprints and hummed quietly. Bumblebee looked over at him quietly, still sucking down the cube. Wheeljack mumbled a few calculations to himself, looking over the blueprints on Ratchets desk. "can you take Bumblebee? I need to write this down." Wheeljack said. the sparkling whined, holding onto his armor.

"I'll write it down." Ratchet said. Wheeljack immediately rattled off the equations in his head and Ratchet dutifully wrote them down. he nodded and added his own notes. until he heard a squeak.

"oops." Wheeljack said, but Ratchet could feel he was amused. the medic didn't bother to look up until he heard another squeak.

"what in Pits is that?" Ratchet ask turning around. Bumblebee looked annoyed.

"he's got the hiccups." Wheeljack chuckled. Ratchet raised an optic ridge and watched the sparkling, sure enough he jerked slightly and squeaked. he gave an angry chirp but hiccupped in the middle of it. Wheeljack giggled slightly and the sparkling pouted.

"come here sparkling. I won't pick on you for it." Ratchet said reaching for him. Bumblebee quickly reached for him with a whine.

"he thinks you can get rid of them Ratch." Wheeljack said passing him over.

"he knows I can." Ratchet said. "I am a medic." Ratchet shrugged cuddling the sparkling and moving out of Wheeljacks way when the inventor walked over to the desk to keep writing things down. after a moment he looked over, no more hiccups and the sparkling was out cold.

"how?" Wheeljack huffed.

"I'm a medic." Ratchet smirked slightly. "and it helps that he likes to lay on my windshield." Ratchet shrugged. Wheeljack huffed.

"thats my spot." he pouted.

"are you really going to argue with a sparkling?" Ratchet ask.

"no, he's too damn cute." Wheeljack muttered. Ratchet chuckled softly and smiled at him. "what are we going to do with him when we start building? I don't think we want him running around when we have those parts laying everywhere." Wheeljack frowned. Ratchet nodded slightly.

"hmm... maybe Prowl would keep him for a bit." Ratchet suggested. "he and Jazz would have a field day with him." Ratchet added.

"we can ask." Wheeljack said. Ratchet nodded and they turned back to the blueprints. after about twenty minutes the medbay doors opened. Wheeljack looked over. it was Prowl and Jazz.

"you wanted to talk to us Ratchet?" Prowl ask. Jazz seemed utterly annoyed, probably still upset about the speakers.

"yeah we're working on the machine to get Bumblebee back to normal. I need you two to watch him so he doesn't get hurt on this thing." Ratchet said, facing them.

"we can do that." Prowl said. Jazz's bad attitude immediately melted.

"awww can we take'im now?" Jazz grinned looking at the sleeping sparkling.

"not right now. his audio receptor is still healing. the medbay is the quietest place for him." Wheeljack said.

"plus we'd have to wake him up for that. he doesn't take being passed around in his sleep very well. makes him nervous." Ratchet added.

"but we'll com you guys to come get him in a bit." Wheeljack assured. Prowl nodded.

"alright." Prowl said. he and Jazz turned and left.

"I love sparklings! he's so cute." Jazz grinned. Prowl chuckled slightly.

after a few hours Ratchet called the two back to the medbay. they walked in, Jazz bouncing excitedly. the sparkling appeared to have just woken up, rubbing his optics and sitting quietly in Wheeljacks arm.