A Silent Voice (Koe no Katachi)

Main Characters:

-Shouko Nishimiya

Birthday: June 7Blood type: AA young, deaf transfer student with an amazingly positive outlook on life

Birthday: June 7
Blood type: A

A young, deaf transfer student with an amazingly positive outlook on life. Despite being a victim of continuous bullying, she always keeps a smile on her face.

-Shoya Ishida

In the days of his early childhood, Shōya was an indifferent child, one who viewed his family members, his friends of the same age, and the fellow students in school as no more than a way of staving off his unending boredom

In the days of his early childhood, Shōya was an indifferent child, one who viewed his family members, his friends of the same age, and the fellow students in school as no more than a way of staving off his unending boredom. Shoya was raised in a single-parent home. However, his mother owned and operated a hairstyling salon as their means of income, and that business enterprise took up just about all of her time. The result was that Shoya and his older sister, for most of their childhood, were left to themselves almost all of the time, to do whatever they wanted to do. 

Synopsis: 

Shoya Ishida used to be a very social kid, but as a high schooler, he became a social reject who couldn't really make friends with people due to some traumatizing incidents that happened during his childhood. Shoko Nishimiya, his elementary school classmate, has a hearing disability and was a victim of bullying by Ishida and his friends. As they grew older, Ishida was feeling huge remorse over the things he had done to Shoko, so he tries to set things straight by trying to be her friend.

The plot of the Story:

The pacing of the story is not something that we haven't seen before. We get to see what happened in their elementary school years and then we are back to present, seeing what the characters are doing at this point in their lives. Ishida was spending his 'last days' trying to sort of cleansing himself by gathering up money to give to his own mother to repay his debt for all the hearing aids she had to replace for Shoko because he destroyed them as a kid. He also wanted to bring to Shoko her old sketchbook and try to become her friend. After a sudden change of heart, he decides to carry on with his life and things start to go well for him, he started making friends and getting along with Shoko and her sister but things were never properly explained and his other friends involved from the past still had 'open wounds' about the whole situation which ended up in arguments between them. Shoko blames herself once more saying that she was the cause of everything and that she just can't seem to love herself for what she is, which leads her to try and take her own life. Ishida then saves her but gets seriously injured which ends up being a wake-up call for all of them and brings them back together.

This is the first anime movie that I watch, I watched this when I was in Senior Highschool I have a subject Understanding The Self and my Teacher told us to watch that anime because we can learn something about the movie, so yeah, I watch it.