Chapter 11

The chirping of birds, sunshine passes through his window and a cold breeze of morning; a wonderful day it is. He wakes up with a smile plaster on his face. It's been awhile since the last time he's pumped up by this kind of feeling. He can't name it. The next side of him is empty. Probably she mans the outside world of their bedroom. Her hair scent lingers on the pillow as well as her caress of last night on his skin. He got up to search for her.

"Hey buddy. Here's your food", she puts an ample amount of dog food on his plate. Dogs are her enemies but Maverick has been an exemption. He easily gets along with her since day one. In fact, she became closer first with Maverick than him. Suddenly, she feels an arm around her with kisses pepper on her nook.

"Good morning", he turns her around.

"Good morning too", she scrunch her nose on his chin while she wraps arms around him. "Breakfast?"

"I'd love that", he gave a peck on her lips and lift her b-tt up.

"Babes, I meant food", she giggles.

"I am holding it now", he pressed his lips on hers as he walks to the couch. There he slumped his back while she straddles on his lap, responding on his kisses.

She pulls away and stares at the spark on his eyes, caressing her finger on his cheek down to jawline, "babes"

"Mmm?"

"I'm afraid", she sounds as it is.

"Why? Aren't you happy with me?", he holds her closer to his body.

"That's why I'm afraid, babes. I am happy with you. A thing I didn't imagine having because of someone else", she half smiled.

"Do you still love him?", he asked.

She went silent. Letting words to fall into places. It's deafening as the clock ticks. He's torn apart but he doesn't force love to anyone. He understands it. "It's okay, babes. He's your ..."

"I love you", she quickly kiss him.

A glimpse of hope sets in his heart. The woman he fell for loves him in return. "What?", he teased her.

"I said I love you"

"Ha? Wala talaga eh.", he takes a closer look at her pretty face.

She rolls her eyes, "I said I love you!"

"What? Babes, louder. Wala akong marinig eh", his small indents on the cheeks plaster.

"I hate to repeat myself", she lifts her brow.

"Ang sungit naman ng soulmate ko", he chuckled.

"Ang aga mong mambwesit eh", she pounds his chest.

"Chill", he cups her cheeks and gave her a peck on the nose. She smiles and lands her temple on his chest. His heartbeat is melodic on her ears.

"Seriously, babes. I'm afraid. Kahit pa he cheated on me. Kasal parin kami. I'm afraid of what's to come. I tried to control my feelings for you because I don't get it at first. Pwede pala yung ganun?", she breaks a bit away to stare at his countenance. "No matter how you love someone but once you get hurt, mapapagod ka rin. One day you'll find yourself loving someone else. Sometimes I wonder if .... if meeting you in this situation means something special. Of all people in my life, ikaw lang yung nakakakita sa'kin. Nakakahawak sa'kin. Your touch makes me feel alive, babes. Maybe love moves indeed in a mysterious way. People say that it doesn't matter how long you've been together because nothing in this world is for sure. Tim and I have been together for ten years. We both love each other but he has conditions set in between eh. Sometimes I ask myself if he truly loves me that much but with you .... it's different, babes. I feel freedom. Walang what ifs. Walang conditions. I realize this is what I want, babes. It's you who I want. Who I need", she shed tears and Aga kisses her pain away. She says it all. Lea makes his life changed. She fills in the missing part of his life. Maybe they need to experience those heartaches first because it will serve as bridge to their different paths. Destiny indeed moves in a mysterious way. Two people fell in love though it was an odd chance of time.

"Mahal kita, Lei. I don't know how it started. It just happened. You brought the sunshine back in my world, babes", he kisses her forehead.

"What will happen to us next, babes? I can file annulment once I wake up"

"Wag mo muna isipin yun. We have plenty of time together. Mahal kita, Lei. Sobra. That is what matters the most", he wipes off the tears falling down her face.

Something came in her mind. It's been a dream she longs to achieve. She asks with a full hope in her heart, "babes? Can I ... ask you something?"

"Sure", he tucks her hair behind ears.

"Do you like kids?"

"Are you kidding me? Of course I love to have children. Naiinggit nga ako sa kapatid ko eh. She has ...", he's cut off when Lea throws herself into him. "Babe? Are you okay?"

"Where have you been all my life, Ags?"

"Babe. That's enough, okay?", he kisses her head.

She pulls away, "sorry. Masaya lang ako. You have everything I want in a man, babes. Ang tagal mo namang dumating sa buhay ko. Maybe I should thank that coffee spilled on me and that driver as well. Both led me to you". He chuckled at her childish words but he loves every bit of this woman. His heart may burst any moment in great happiness. She's the answer to his prayers. For many years of being alone, he never thought of finding someone better than Lilian. He pulls her closer and kisses her lips. She responsed, circling her arms around his neck. They kiss away all doubts in their hearts.