day six: 3 am

to void any confusion: this is an extra for the main au and takes place a few weeks after suga was hit with a car. this is a few months before where we are as of 9-18

•••

the sky was dark, and the air was cold on his cheeks. it bit at his nose, and suga buried himself deeper into his hoodie. as he walked, he kicked tiny pebbles littering the sidewalk.

then suga noticed he wasn't in control of his own body. it was as if he was just along for the ride. he could feel every sensation.

he could feel the breeze on his skin.

his lips felt chapped; he would have to search his pockets for chapstick later.

in his right ear was an earbud. he had hardly noticed his steps were to the beat of the quiet music.

most importantly, his legs felt normal. it confused suga, but he decided not to question it too much.

why am i outside, he thought to himself.

he continued down the sidewalk. he looked to the moon, noticing it high in the sky. it was well past sunset.

what was he even doing out? suga recognized the path he was taking. this was the way to daichi's mom's house, was it not? why was he going there? he loved daichi's mom, but he really had no reason to go to her place without her son at some ungodly hour of the night.

speaking of her son, where was he?

suga was surprised that daichi had left him to his own. it seemed unreal. while he didn't mean to, daichi babied suga. it drove suga up a wall sometimes. he could never go outside to get fresh air by himself without daichi panicking and quickly finding him.

in the beginning, daichi wouldn't even let suga go to get a cup of water by himself.

suga summed it up to daichi just being scared.

he knew it must've been hard for daichi to see him in a comatose state for so long. suga didn't think he'd be much different if it had happened to daichi. in fact, he'd probably be even more clingy. daichi also didn't want suga doing too many physical activities. suga knew daichi  just didn't want him up on his legs for very long, but, again, he was pretty sure he didn't need help filling up a glass at the bathroom sink that was right across the hall from their bedroom.

any second know, suga expected daichi to run up behind him, ask him what the hell he was doing out, hug him, kiss him on his mole and lead him home, or at least walk with him. however, it didn't happen. daichi didn't run up behind him.

his body moved on his own when he saw it.

that street.

the one he was hit on.

suga felt his stomach drop to his feet. he wanted to run, yet his feet kept moving towards it.

"no," suga tried to cry out, but his mouth did not cooperate; instead, it stayed closed. "stop! please!" the voice in his head was desperate.

his hand pressed the button for the crosswalk, and when it turned white, suga jogged across. suddenly, there was a bright light, and mechanically, his head turned to see the car that hit him that night. it was quickly approaching. his heart hammering in his chest, suga turned, only to feel the car impact his body.

suga sprung awake, a shriek cutting at his vocal chords as it echoed off the walls. in a scramble, he fell off the bed, and he pushed himself to the middle of the room. his breaths were short as he looked around the room he was in. tears brimmed his eyes.

it was his room.

he met eyes with his daichi, who was in a state of confusion, pushing himself up from the bed. he rubbed his eyes, then croaked, "koshi?"

suga hid his face in his knees, ashamed and embarrassed. his sobs sent tremors through his body, each shaky inhale stabbing at daichi's heart.

"babe," he cooed, shuffling off the bed. he kneeled on the ground next to suga and wrapped him up in his arms. "what's wrong?"

"i-it's no-thing," suga heaved.

daichi rubbed his back, deciding to not press for details. slowly, suga relaxed in his arms, crying into daichi's shoulder. daichi leaned his head on suga's, unsure of how to help him. he whispered, "i'm here for you," but he was unsure if he would actually be able to. however, he was sure that he would try his best. it's the least suga deserved.

suddenly, suga's sister burst the door open. "koshi! daichi! i heard a scream and like- a loud thump." her eyes fell on the two sitting on the floor together. "is everything okay?"

suga snuggled deeper into daichi. "yeah," daichi spoke for him. he repeated, "yeah, it's fine."

she stepped in the room and ruffled suga's hair, making him look up. "g'night loser." he let a weak smile overtake his features, one which sakura returned before leaving the couple to themselves.

as soon as she was gone, he hid his face into the crook of daichi's neck. daichi gently took suga into his arms, then placed him sitting up on the bed.

pressing his forehead to suga's, he asked, "are you gonna be alright?"

"it was just a nightmare, daichi," suga sighed. "i'll be fine."

"what happened?"

"i don't wanna talk about it."

"do you want to go back to sleep?" daichi pulled away to look at suga.

"yeah," he sniffled, pushing a chunk of his ash blond hair to the side. "sorry for waking you up."

daichi sat on the bed, then laid down, pulling suga with him. "it's fine," daichi said, brushing his fingers through suga's hair. he kissed suga's cheek and turned out the lamp. suga's body trembled against him, and daichi held him tighter, swearing to himself that he would never let him go.