A Boon From the Goddess

Reyna quickly set up her tent, spreading the purple magic across the fabric with the intent to hide. She unclenched Harry, gently cradling him. He would no longer have to live in fear. She had him now, and gods forbid she ever let him get hurt. She gently laid him down on the bed.

Reyna felt her magic sense another. She whirled around and bowed respectfully. "Lady T-Hecate. Why have you sought me out?"

Hecate glided to the boy sleeping, caressing his forehead. "I am here for my legacy. He will not have an easy path." Hecate's gaze was filled with regret as she looked at the sleeping child. "What's more, you, Reyna Avila Ramírez-Arrellano, are at a crossroads. You can stay here, adopt this child and raise him well, or you can dump him on somebody else magical, or place him at an orphanage."

"My Lady, you already know my path. I will protect him, and teach him to extend that protection to others. He will be my son."

Hecate nodded serenely. "You simply needed to accept that. His mother was my daughter, and I'm very proud of her. She was powerful, and smart. She requested my assistance when they found out about the madman targeting them. She requested my assistance to protect him, make sure he survives. I used an ancient forgotten ritual of parents' love. The sword and the shield reinforces this protection. Lily Evans nee Potter has requested the protection transferred to yourself, and a knowledge transfer so that you are no longer going in blind."

She placed a finger to Reyna's forehead. And information started to flow. Politics, Etiquette, what she would have learned in Hogwarts, as well as how to switch her magic to wand magic, she also learned what the Potter's knew. Immediately after, she felt a connection form between her and Harry, and the glowing golden bond snapped into place.

"Harry has had a rough four years with the Dursleys, I will reverse the clock to his healthy body, then age him back up so that he will not be overtly physically affected from their abuse."

"Thank you, milady."

"No Reyna, thank you." and with that Hecate faded into the night.

Reyna quickly cast a monitoring charm so she could wake with Harry, then slipped into the realm of Morpheus, giving her body time to adapt, from both the blessing and the information flow.