{Prologue: Mom? Dad?}

It was the beginning of the year 2020, his family had moved from their home in the UK to Florida the previous year. It was only January, the weather still seeming fairly warm in his opinion, but slightly chilly for the boy so he put on a long sleeved shirt and a pair of jeans. He made his way downstairs and greeted his parents, surprisingly calm in the mornings. It was a more peaceful side of Tommy that others rarely got to see unless they were as close as family.

He ate breakfast quickly before grabbing his bag and slipping on a pair of sneakers, throwing a thin jacket on as well. He called out a goodbye to his family, giving his dog a few pats on the head, before leaving to walk to school. Tommy thought about how strange things in America could be, having to learn new slang as well, although he still called cookies biscuits. He was in his sophomore year, his best friend, Toby, was in the same year as him since he was held back a year for having a late birthday in December.

Speaking of, the slightly older boy ran up to him and walked beside him. "Hey, Tommy!" He greeted as he caught up, getting a smile in return from the taller boy. "Ello, Tubbo!" He energetically replied, lazily wrapping one of his arms around his friend's shoulders. The pair talked about everything and nothing as they made their way to highschool. They weren't particularly liked much in their school but that was fine, they had each other and that's all that really mattered for the two.

They entered the hell of a building and stuck together before splitting up to go to their lockers, a silent promise that they'd meet up with one another in their first hour and at lunch. They luckily shared a few classes with one another and managed to sit next to each other in those classes so they counted it as a win.

The only classes they didn't share were Tommy's AP classes and Toby's on level classes. Despite some people's beliefs, the young boy was actually quite smart, he simply had a loud and energetic personality that shone through, although he had his moments where how bright he was would come up and surprise some people. He mostly helped Toby out since he found everything easy, he found school to be boring and simple so he found a lot more interest in helping his friend out. Besides, the things he enjoyed and felt like he could succeed with weren't related to school but rather his love for Minecraft.

He was a streamer already, posting videos on YouTube as well. He was growing and was happy no one at the school knew he and Toby were streamers, it could make things worse and he wasn't looking forward to that. The kids at this school seemed so judgmental about anything and everything, he only goes here because Toby does as well. He shut his locker door closed, making his way to his first hour with the occasional shout from someone trying to bother him or he get a reaction but as much as Tommy wanted to yell and start a fight he simply would bottle it up and use it as extra fuel for his jokes and bits later in the day when he would use most of his energy.

He took a glance around the room as he walked in, spotting his shorter friend already sitting down and immediately going to his own seat so the two could talk more before class. They spoke about plans for playing Minecraft that night and possibly streaming, although they made sure no one heard that part. The teacher soon came into the classroom and started her lessons, the pair making sure to start doing their work.

School was uneventful. It always was. Tommy and Toby walked along the sidewalk, laughing and joking around until the older boy had to leave and get a head start on homework so they'd have more time to play that night. The blonde laughed and called out a "See yah later than!" Before making his way home.

He unlocked the door and stepped inside, surprised to not see his mother in the kitchen and father in the living room. It was...unusual. He searched the entire house, knowing they were supposed to be home before him that day. When he couldn't find them he called both their numbers multiple times and texted them but it was no use, they never answered. Tommy waited in the kitchen by their home phone, his own on the table as well, just in case they'd call or he'd get some sort of news on what happened. He was an anxious kid, always has been, so not hearing back from his parents scared the shit out of him. He texted Toby to let him know he couldn't be online today along with an apology before going back to waiting. His eyes glanced from the two phones, to the clock on the microwave, and then back to the phones. He repeated that quick glancing the entire time, chewing on his bottom lip slightly as time went on.

He waited an hour. A full sixty minutes of waiting for something, anything. That's when the home phone rang. It was from a local hospital, maybe a half an hour walk from where he lived. He immediately jumped before reaching out and quickly answering it. "This is Thomas from the Simons residence," he spoke, hearing a response from a doctor informing him about his parents. "Thomas, your parents were in a severe car crash, we're not sure on their condition but they're still miraculously alive currently..." he tuned out the rest of what the doctor was saying, letting out a small "Thank you for telling me, I'll be over soon," and hanging up, rushing out the front door and sprinting to the hospital.

He made it there in fifteen minutes, rushing in and talking with the receptionist. She told him his parents room numbers but let him know he had to stay in the waiting room. His leg bounced as he kept nervously glancing down the hall, waiting for someone to come and give him the good news they were getting better. They had to get better, they just had to. Some part of Tommy knew they wouldn't but he had to be optimistic about this if he didn't want to breakdown.

He waited hours, still completely awake when the sun rose in the sky. He would've thought it was a beautiful sight to see the sunrise if it wasn't for the circumstances. He had begun pacing after the first two hours and hadn't stopped the entire night until a doctor told him to sit down and be patient. He understood their reason, he must've made other people nervous or uncomfortable. He bit his lip as he waited until he saw a doctor come down the hallway and locked eyes with him, a frown present on her face.

She walked up to him, a sad expression filled with...pity? Sympathy? He assumed a mix of both. "Are you Thomas Simons?" She asked softly, getting a quick nod from the boy. "Are my parents okay?" He asked, a shine of hope in his eyes that was soon crushed by a slight sigh and slow shake of a head from the woman. "I'm sorry for your losses..." she said, telling someone to get in contact with the Florida Foster Care and Adoption program. Tommy tuned everything out, sitting back down in the chair with a shocked expression that was still processing what happened.

This was the beginning of a new life Tommy didn't think he was prepared to live.

/\
\/
Words: 1303
A/N: Hi's and Hello's to everyone! Kiyoshi here with a quick note! I hope you liked the start for his story and I'm planning on making chapters be much longer than this! I really hope you like it so far and can't wait to write more! Please let me know if I've made any spelling or grammatical errors!
That's all for now...
Kiyoshi Out!