{Chapter 2: Family Night}

The two hours flew by quickly, jokes being made and the two just talking once the movie was over. Tommy's mind was mostly distracted except for a nagging feeling that made him glance at the door every few seconds. Wilbur took it as the younger wanting to leave, so he brought it up after, maybe, ten minutes.

"Do you wanna go home, Tommy?" His voice was soft and caring, concern laced in his words. The blonde looked shocked at the question. "No! I uh- I mean no, I don't wanna leave," his face flushed slightly from embarrassment, biting his bottom lip slightly before letting out a small sigh. "I just- I like when Tubbo is with me..." he mumbled, not wanting to mention that he's constantly on edge about if he's safe or not.

Wilbur let out a sigh, pulling the boy into a side hug, rubbing his shoulder comfortingly. "You can tell me anything, Tommy, I'm always gonna be here for you," he gently reminded the younger, seeing his shoulders slump in defeat and lean into the older.

"Just wanna make sure he's safe..." he mumbled, barely audible but Wilbur heard him. "I'm sure he is, but you can text him and ask if he wants to come over here. I don't mind having Tubbo over and I'm sure Phil and Techno won't mind either. We love the both of you and I'm sure Tubbo would like spending time with you and make sure you're okay after you're fight," he ruffled the boy's hair, watching his blue eyes light up. "Really?! Thanks Wil!" He grinned widely, hugging the man tightly before letting go so he can text Toby.

He laughed lightly, watching Tommy text his friend before checking the time. Phil and Techno would be home in around half an hour, just enough time for Toby to possibly make his way over to the house. "He'll be over in five minutes. Thanks again, Big Man," he grinned up at the man, getting one in return. He was really happy he let Toby come over, he wanted to make sure his friend was safe at all times so this made him feel better.

"No problem, Toms. The two of you can come over anytime you want to. I'm always home and Phil and Techno are here in the morning and after five pm," he told the blonde, a soft and caring smile on his face. Tommy let his excited face soften into something more sincere before responding, "Then I guess I'll be coming over more often," lightly elbowing him in the side.

Wilbur laughed but smiled at the thought. He loved Tommy like a little brother and he'd like having him around more often. He is sure Phil and Techno would agree since they complained about the house being too quiet sometimes, Phil talking about how he wished it was a bit more lively when they're not streaming or recording.

Techno didn't seem to mind the quiet most of the time, but Wilbur was sure that sometimes it got too much for him as well. A few minutes past and Tommy sprinted the second he heard the doorbell ring, swinging the door open to reveal an equally excited looking Toby. The shorter boy waved at the man once he spotted him on the sofa.

"Hi, Wil!" He happily greeted after Tommy already pulled them inside. "Hey, Tubbo!" He greeted, ruffling the younger's hair. "How're you feeling?" He asked, slightly softly since it was more of a serious question. "Oh- I'm fine! Thanks to, Tommy," Toby chuckled a bit at the last part, slightly embarrassed his friend had to protect him but at the same time very happy that he has such an amazing best friend.

The boys sat on the couch to the left of Wilbur, Tommy leaning back against the older as he spoke with Toby. The man was scrolling mindlessly through his phone as he listened to the boy's talk, his left arm on the top part of the sofa while the other held his phone. He patiently waited for the two people he considered family, besides the teens, to come home already. He didn't know how to cook very well and was learning from Phil who seemed to be amazing at it.

It was like he mastered the skill, teaching the two how to cook as well since they needed to know how to not burn the kitchen down. He snapped his fingers a bit to gain their attention before speaking. "What do you guys want for dinner? I'm gonna text Phil and see what I need to get out for whatever you want," he turned his head away from his phone and rested it on the back of the couch as he looked at the two, waiting for a response.