Too protective

Today was the day you were playing in your first quidditch match since your bad accident you had that made you unable to play for 2 months. You were devastated you loved quidditch and not being able to play it was hard for you. You would secretly try to practice but found you were unable.

you walked downstairs into the Gryffindor common room where you saw Oliver wood you and him were pretty good friends.

"Hi Oliver you ready for our game today I'm so happy to finally play again," You say with joy

"Hey, y/n yeah.... about the game today... I don't know if I want you to play yet maybe not till you have had a few practices in so we know your okay" He says with a worried look.

"What! No Oliver I'm fine I promise I've been waiting for 2 months to play again you know how hard that was for me now I finally get to play and your telling me no" You say a little offensively

"Look I'm just looking out for you y/n I don't want you to get hurt it was scary for me the last time I care a lot about you," He says trying his best to not make you madder and trying to explain.

"Well then maybe you should try to care a little less I'm playing Oliver and that's final you can't stop me" You say

"Your so stubborn y/n why can't you see I'm just trying to look out for you," He says back after rolling his eyes he is getting a little annoyed at how difficult you're already being.

"I don't need you looking out for me," You say annoyed too.

You walk away and go to the quidditch field to practice before the game you felt fine you were just a little rusty but practicing for a little bit got you warmed up and ready to go after a while you stopped and took a break and relaxed before the game.

It was finally time for the game you admit you were a little nervous it's been so long. ( Your position is a beater. The game started you started off great you noticed Oliver looking over at you now and then to see if you were still Okay. About an hour into the game you noticed a Bludger flying toward Oliver (Keeper) you flew as fast as you could over to try to hit the ball away from him. You were almost there a player from the other team shoved you and the Bludger hit you off your broomstick you were falling you were about to hit the ground when you were caught by Oliver.

"OLIVER ARE YOU CRAZY! you can't leave your place they will score points!" You panic

"I couldn't see you get hurt," He says He flies fast to get you back on your broom once you're there he flies faster back to the goal but by that time the other team had scored in the goal 3 times.

the game ended Gryffindor lost sadly you were leaving the quidditch field but you stopped Oliver on your way out you were on the ground at this time.

"Oliver what the hell was that," You say marching up to him from behind

"I told you couldn't see you get hurt again" He explains as he turns around.

"But you could handle costing us the game everyone on our team got distracted because you left who are you that's not like you," He said

"I already told you y/n I care about you a lot you mean a lot to me," He says

"I said stop caring about me it's not your job," You say frustrated. You hated feeling weak and defenseless and that's how Oliver was making you feel.

"I can't just stop caring about you" He says getting frustrated

"Why don't you do things like that for your other teammates you care about them what's the difference?" You wonder.

"Because I have feelings for you" He finally admits.

"What?" You say shocked and in a quiet tone from your yelling.

"As stubborn and difficult as you are I like you a lot," He says 

"Really," You say with your face turning red you smile down at the ground

"Yeah" He says smiling now at how suddenly you're being shy.

"I like you too" You say shyly but smiling red-faced.

"I'm really glad to hear that cause that would have been really awkward if you didn't," He says making both of you laugh.

"But no more throwing games for me like that anymore okay?" You say

"On one condition" He says

"what's that?" You ask

"You have to go on a date with me," He says smiling at you

"Deal" You reply confidently.