Chapter 4 - Searching For Answers (Part One)

Naruto walked out of the hospital and no one stopped him. He was angry and he didn't under stand quite why, he only knew he was. There was nothing present to fuel his anger. He was alone, and maybe just maybe that's why he was angry. Naruto needed someone to run after him. He needed someone to notice him without him having to cause trouble or be a hero. The blonde only craved one thing, to be seen for who he was and not who he could be or was expected to be. He didn't need anything else. Now there was no longer anyone there. Bits of his life were missing from him and it agravated him to the point of wanting to scream until his lungs burned from lack of oxygen. 

        Mumbling pointless nothings to himself about places and people, going through his life so far verbally Naruto walked aimlessly. He didn't have anywhere to be or anyone waiting for him. By default and memory his feet carried him to a place where he spent a lot of his alone time. It wasn't home either. It was the training field. The first place where he got his team. Normal squads had a group of three plus a Jonin. So why did he only have one other than him? Was it because of his class having an odd number? Thought that never happened before. Everyone had a squad of three. Walking over to the three logs Naruto rested his hand on the middle one. Where he had been tied. Man had he been an idiot back then. So small and full of determination. Now he didn't know what he was. 

        Sighing Naruto leaned against the post. Someone was missing from his memory, but who was it? Someone had to know. Thinking back Naruto decided there was obly one person who wouldn't sugar coat it and tell him the full truth. Shikamaru. The blonde got back on his feet and walked towards Ino's flower shop. Ino would know where Shikamaru is more than likely. Ino looked up the moment Naruto walked in. She could sense something was off. Naruto wasn't smiling like a dork and he wasn't wearing his stupid orange jacket. Just his black shirt and his orange pants. Which wasn't unusual if it was an off day from missions. Only Naruto didn't have a day off. He was injured and was supposed to be in the hospital and filling out reports. 

        "Hey Naruto? What are you doing here?" Ino asked raising her only visable eyebrow. Her hair hanging in its pony tail as usual. Naruto shrugged and walks straight over to her, shoving his hands in the pockets of his pants. 

        "I'm looking for Shikamaru. You know where he is?" 

        This wasn't an out of the blue happening, whenever Naruto had been hunting for Shikamaru in the past he always asked Ino first. Hence why he was there. Ino shrugged not quite sure herself. 

        "I think he went out with Lee and Tenten today to do a recon mission or something," Ino sighed, "I mean it's not like he tells me what his missions are all the time. Sorry." 

        Naruto sighed and nodded before turning to leave. Mid step he stopped. Turning back to Ino he thought it was better than walkiing out without an anwser, "Do you know why my squad only has me and Sakura?"

        Ino shook her head, "You're forgetting Sai." 

        "Not that squad. Team Seven. Why was there only me, Sakura, and Kakashi?" Ino's eyes widened slightly. Sakura had vented to her while Naruto was passed out that his memories might very well be damaged. Only she never imagined that it would be this bad. How could Naruto of all people, comepletely forget the one person he was searching for all this time. Someone so important to him...Naruto had forgotten Sasuke as if the Uchiha had never existed. 

        "Well there was another person on your squad actually. His name was Sasuke Uchiha." 

        A small silence followed as Naruto tried to put the name to a face. Eventually he shrugged, "Not familiar. Thanks anyway Ino." Naruto left then. Headed back into the street and leaving a worried Ino behind in her shop who was left to question whether or not this was a good thing.