46

Stella's POV

"So what did you want to talk about?" Toto says as I sit down with him and James in Toto's office here at the track for the Emilia Romagna Grand Prix

Today's the Emilia Romagna Grand Prix in Italy and after this race there are only four races left in the season.

I've won a lot of the races and right now I'm leading the Drivers Championship by a lot of points.

"I wanted to talk to you about the next four races."

"What about them?" Toto asks.

"I want to boycott them."

"What?"

"The next four races are in Turkey, Bahrain, and the UAE and all of those countries have little to no rights for LGBTQ people." I say then I take a deep breath. "I can't live with myself knowing I stood by and did nothing to help people who are like me so if this is a way to spark change then I wanna do it."

Toto smiles at me then he, James, and I discuss everything involved with me boycotting the races.

Once our discussion is over I leave Toto's office then head to my motor home.

"I'm back." I say as I enter the motor home.

"Ready." Rayne says as Abby grabs Rayne's bag.

"Then let's go." I say then the three of us leave the motorhome.

After the three of us are out of our motor home, Abby and I grab our daughter's hands then we walk to the Mercedes Garage.

Abby's kept to her word and she's shown Rayne and I she's in it with us for the long haul.

I can honestly say we're back to where we were before the incident and I can also honestly say I can't wait to marry her.

I just gotta find a ring first.

When we get to the Mercedes Garage I head to my room then Abby and Rayne sit down on the small couch while I change out of my clothes and into my racing suit.

While I get dressed I look at a diagram of the race track that's on the wall

After I'm dressed I grab my helmet, my gloves, my neck collar, and my fire proof balaclava then I head out into the garage and set Rayne down in her seat

"Okay Mommy...Have fun." Rayne says as I put my jet black hair into a ponytail.

"Good luck Kiss?" I question and pull down Rayne's mask

Rayne smiles at me before her little hands grab my face then she pulls me towards her and pecks my lips.

"Stay safe Mommy." Rayne says as I put my pony tail into my racing suit.

"You got it Princess." I say then I put Rayne's Mask over her nose and mouth.

Once Rayne's nose and mouth are covered I kiss my girlfriend then I hug her and Rayne.

After I hug Rayne I grab my gloves, my neck collar, and my helmet then head onto the track and get in my car.

Once I'm in my car I get connected to everything I need to be connected to.

"You Ready?" Toto asks as I put in my earplugs that also let me hear the radio.

"Very ready." I say then I put on my balaclava, my neck collar, and my helmet.

Once I'm ready to drive I get in the car, put my gloves on, then I get connected to everything I need to be connected to.

"You got me Stella?" Toto asks over the radio.

"Loud and clear Boss man." I say.

"Stella it's James." My race engineer says over the radio. "You got me?"

"Yep." I say.

"You ready?" James asks.

"Yep." I say. "Let's fucking do this."

- - - - -

"YEAH MOMMY." Rayne says as I cross the finish line in first place.

"Nice job Stella." James says.

"What are the standings like now?" I ask.

"You're in first place in the drivers standings and you're 103 points in front of Lewis."

"So Mathematically he could still win the championship."

"If he wins the next four and gets the fastest lap bonus point at each of the next four then yes he could."

"Alright." I say as I do my victory lap. "That still doesn't change my decision."

When I get back to the front straightaway I park in front of the first place sign then I relax.

A few moments later a few of my pit crew people come over, disconnect me from everything, then they help me out of the car.

Once I'm out of the car I take my helmet off, put on a mask and a Mercedes hat, then I wait for the podium to be built.

When the podium gets assembled I wait for my name to be called, and when it gets called, I step up on the top and take my trophy.

A few moments later the American Anthem starts so I drop down to one knee and stay there for the duration of the anthem. When the anthem ends I grab my trophy then head back to the Mercedes garage.

When I get back to the garage I hand my trophy to someone from the team then I head to my room and change. Once I'm changed, myself, Abby, and Rayne get into a golf cart then our golf cart follows the golf cart that Lewis and Toto are in to the post race press conference.

"How Long's this gonna take?" Rayne asks.

"Around 10 minutes." I say. "Not long."

"Good." Rayne says as we get to the media room.

After the golf cart stops, my girls and I get out then we head into the media room.

Once in the media room I head to the three chairs in front of the camera's then sit down in the middle.

"This is so odd." I say as I look out at the giant tv screen with all the press people's faces on it.

We're still doing Zoom/Skype press conferences.

"Wanna do it now or at the end?" Toto asks.

"Now." I say then I look at the only journalist allowed to be here. "Can I say something before we start?"

"Of course."

"I have decided to boycott the last four races." I say. "As an LGBTQ person I can not in good faith go to Turkey, Bahrain, and the UAE and give them a spot light when they think of me as an abomination."

"Toto?" One of the press people says.

"Stella has the full support of everyone at Mercedes." Toto says.

"Why Boycott?" One of the press people asks. "Is there a more personal reason for you?"

"And do you not care about winning the Drivers Championship?"

"My Mom was huge on people being able to be who they wanted to be and love whomever they wanted to love." I say. "So whenever I do see my Mom again I wanna be able to tell her I did everything in my power to help people being able to be who they wanted to be and love whomever they wanted to love...And if me boycotting these last four races causes me to lose the drivers championship then so be it."