Prologue

"Finally i'm here"

It's late into the night and the moons above the land of Castrovel are nearly shadowed by the opaque clouds in the sky. And inside a small wooden house disheveled and bleak, she could feel the memories flowing in.

It took a while to find this horrible place again, she wish it would've just burned to the ground like the rest of her horrible memories. She's only here for one reason and one reason only, almost on autopilot she'd enter a small room on the second floor.

"Where the fuck are you..."

Opening the door into a small stuffy room and taking a moment to process what she is about to do, her senses are hit with various offputting stimuli.

She could smell the old drawing books across the room from her, collecting dust and mold from years of neglect. Her eyes shifted to a grey and white color template as there seemed to be zero light in the room. It was annoying and she could only see the rough shapes of countless things in this hellhole.

"This isn't gonna work"

Reaching into her backpack she finds a small matchbox, giving it a small shake to make sure she didn't run out while on her way here. Lighting one was incredibly easy but she could remember a time when it was downright impossible for her.

Those memories are ones she cherishes far more than the ones made in this disgusting place.

As a child she was always awestruck by a matchbox, a small contraption that for all she knew was practically magic. She of course knows better to call a matchbox magical in any sense of the word.

It's so much more than magic

And as she used this newly formed flame burning ever so slightly down the small wooden stick. She quickly lit a few candles on a wooden desk and blew the small flame out with a sharp exhale. And just like that she could see the ink and paper in front of her.

The ink was now dry and smelled horrific, and the paper was practically destroyed by water and time. Everything in the room has suffered the same fate of the weather and the years of neglect.

Everything except for one.

A small pink notebook would sit inside a half open chest in the corner of the room. And was practically the same place where she left it so long ago.

And upon the notebook written in a childish font was a name written in Tyrallian, a language practically left to die.

"Meridian" it said, in a crude and sloppy cursive. Tyrallian was a language she was forced to learn, and was not the language of her people. But it didn't matter now.

English is just what she prefers now.

Grabbing the book and flipping through a few pages, tears would form in her eyes from the wash of nostalgia. Until she came to one of the past few pages where it read...

"Dear future me..my life isn't the best at the moment and i just want to get out of here. If you're happy and having fun what happened? and if it didn't why are we still here? am i gonna be ok?"

"Oh you're out of here kid, and i'll tell you how but you won't believe a single word i say."

She pulled out a small ink pen she keeps on her at all times and begins to write, in a response like format as if someone's gonna read it anytime soon.

"Dear past me

It's been awhile now and you won't believe where you are in the future, the things you'll see and people you will learn to love and trust. The year is 1055 here in castrovel but it's the year 2545 in human controlled territories. Along with their countless colonies here in castrovel and beyond our atmosphere. I know you're confused and maybe a little scared about what i just said but i'll explain shortly, i'll explain everything.

These people aren't like us, they aren't like anyone on castrovel. They call themselves humans as i said before and they aren't from our world, they arrived through a gate between their galaxy and our world, a gate we don't fully understand

And possibly never will.

They brought with them machines and technology beyond our understanding, you don't need to know what those two words are. Because you already know what they mean, i am you after all and trust me their eduacatiln system is light years beyond ours. That's also another word that i won't get into.

The path to our happiness is filled with danger and tribulations sweetheart, hardships youll have to go through. But i assure you that you won't do them alone, you're gonna meet someone increible..someone you'll learn to trust more than anyone else.

Someone sweet...compassionate...and doesn't care who or what we are, and the powers we hold within our bodies. Someone you'll call.."

"Hey you ok in there? it's been a while and people are asking why we aren't at the christmas party yet. They've saved us some eggnog come on let's get moving already.

The intercoms would come to life with a familiar voice, she would reach to press the button on her temple. Opening the microphone on her helmet.

"Yea lets get the fuck outta here, i got what i came for. Quick question can we blow this place up once we're in the air?"

A sudden chuckle would fill her ears as a relaxed voice spoke

"Sure thing kid"

Exiting the house and entering the military transport ship floating just above the grass, she would glance at the house just one more time. And then would turn to the USE flag on the ships hull.

Entering the ship and buckling up, she looks at her old friend and smiles. As she presses a small button releasing a single air to ground rocket, and just as she did a small beam of energy would fire into the house blowing it up to kingdom come.

"Always wanted to do that"

Her friend spoke, it was hard to tell under the helmet the expression of the man next to her but she knows he's smiling too.

"I know you did kid, let's get out of here"

Setting acourse to homebase the ships twin  ion engines would ignite and in a fraction of a second it flies forward into the night sky.

"Incredible..."

———————————————————
Authors notes:
Holy shit i can't believe i'm typing this as we speak. Hello everyone my name is Anagram and this story is very important to me. It's a passion project been put on hold for nearly a year now and i'm just starting to ya know, dust it off the ol self.

But besides that this book is gonna be a passion project of mine, as well as to work on my writing skills.