chapter two

chapter two, reunion

THE BUSY STRETS of London were no surprise to the young woman as she made her way out of the train station

THE BUSY STRETS of London were no surprise to the young woman as she made her way out of the train station. With her luggage in hand, she made her way across the street to lead her towards the ever so famous La Croix boarding house.

Almost every time she had stayed over at London, the La Croix was the place where she would rest herself before another wild ball that would happen the next night. It was owned by a lovely elder widowed woman, who had the kindest of souls yet could also murder someone with her shouts if someone unwanted slipped through her doors.

It wasn't far from the train station, so only a mere three minute walk it took for Emilia to walk up the steps to the large white glass door.

Two servants opened the doors for her as she walked into the white and gold coloured room, a desk by the front who stood a young woman she had never seen there before, "May I hold your luggage, my lady." A man asked, he knew her of course because of the amount of times she had stayed at the La Croix from the many balls, ballets and operas she attended.

"Thank you." She replied, handing her two bags over to the man and making her way to the front desk. "Is Madam Pince here?" She asked, her gloved hands making their way to each other in front of her.

"Yes, she should be coming down now-..."

"My lady!" A voice called out from the left hand size of the room, Madam Pince in a light pink dress made her way down the marble stairs quickly, her eyes bright as she saw the young woman she had grown oh so fond of. "I did not realise you would be coming down! You should have written! I would have got the master bedroom done up!" She muttered, making her way over to Emilia before hugging her tightly and leaning back to look at her dress, "Oh I love this dress!"

"Oh Madam Pince, your's is so much more beautiful though!" She replied with a small laugh, Pince gliding her over to one of the couches and taking her hand in hers. "Do not worry, I will take any room."

"Oh no, not at all. Georgina can you ring for one of the servants to go get the master bedroom cleaned up as soon as possible!" The madam said, waving her hand at the younger girl who now scurried off to the back room to ring the bell. "Now what brings you here, Emilia."

"My brother, he's gone missing." She replied solemnly, "Went off on a train to London all by himself." Shaking her head, "I'm here to find Mr. Holmes' help."

"Oh! Well I do know his brother, If that is any help?" Madam Pince replied, her thoughts running wild in her head. "I am so very sorry about your brother, I am sure Mr. Holmes will find him as soon as possible."

"Yes, I do hope so." Emilia only replied, gazing off to God knows where.

"Oh! Lady Jane is here Emilia!" Madam Pince then exclaimed, changing the subject quickly, pulling Emilia up and towards another set of white glass doors, "Come, she is taking her tea, off in her own imagination and a book yet again!"