chapter five

chapter five, at the ballet

SHE HAD SAID her goodbyes to Madam Pince and Jane before leaving the La Croix at exactly eight o' clock for the opera house

SHE HAD SAID her goodbyes to Madam Pince and Jane before leaving the La Croix at exactly eight o' clock for the opera house. The ballet was to start at half and it was unmannerly to ever arrive late to anything.

She had been gifted a dress from Jane of a cream lace dress that somehow fit her perfectly although a bit too tight around her breasts.

The bodice hugged to her while the skirt hung loosely with no underwire skirt for once, (Thank the Heavens). It was absolutely beautiful in Emilia's opinion and she reminded herself to ask where Jane got it once she got back to the boarding house.

Her white gloves protected her from the cold as she left the carriage that Madam Pince had called for, being helped down by the footman before looking up to the large opera house and moving towards the inside

Her white gloves protected her from the cold as she left the carriage that Madam Pince had called for, being helped down by the footman before looking up to the large opera house and moving towards the inside. Piles of people lined up to either buy or collect tickets but thankfully Emilia had her ticket in hand as she made her way up the marble stairs towards one of the employees who looked at the ticket and smiling brightly at her, telling her to follow him up another pile of stairs and down a more empty hall towards a door. "I hope you enjoy the show, M'lady."

He then opened the door and a flood of sound passed, people already seated chatting and laughing away from down below. She entered through the door, then hearing a close of it behind her.

It was one of the booths that was lined on the walls she had entered, a open door led to a bar which looked like every booth shared on this side of the hall. A figure looked around before standing up and bowing, Emilia curtsying to Sherlock in return before he walked towards her and took her hand for a kiss, then leading her towards the chairs they would sit on for the show.

"I have always loved the ballet." Emilia spoke, breaking the once silence. "My mother took me to them any time there was one near."

Sherlock smiled in return, a small chuckle leaving his lips. "I've never had a flare for the theatre, to be honest." He replied, "It was never my thing."