chapter six

chapter six, the boarding school blues

AS SOON AS SHE walked into the La Croix, the young woman at front desk had told her a hot warm bath was up waiting for her in her bedroom, Emilia had been so very glad when she heard of this news for her limbs were aching from scurrying about the ...

AS SOON AS SHE walked into the La Croix, the young woman at front desk had told her a hot warm bath was up waiting for her in her bedroom, Emilia had been so very glad when she heard of this news for her limbs were aching from scurrying about the city all day.

She had read the newspaper as she relaxed in the tub before finally retiring to her bed for the night as she pondered over the night she had just had.

Now, Emilia did feel rather bad as of that moment. She knew all her thoughts should be set upon her younger brother, but the thought of Mr Sherlock Holmes was haunting her mind. We're all the ladies he talked to so fond of him afterwards? She couldn't help but think of sharing an actual dance with him or even just sitting at the ballet for one more time as she lay, her thoughts devoured of the detective slowly drifting her off to sleep.

It wasn't until a loud knock was heard at her door did she awake, stretching herself before calling them in, realising Jane must be coming over to talk before she left for the shops yet again like she did just yesterday morning.

No, it was not Jane.

Sherlock Holmes walked through the door.

The two paused before Emilia let out a shriek and covered herself with her arms as she was still only dressed in her nightgown, both their faces turning pink before Sherlock turned around quickly and Emilia covered herself with the quilt.

"I thought you were Jane."

"I thought you'd be dressed." Sherlock replied quickly, before walking out the door and closing it,"Um, I'll just wait out here."

"Yep!" Emilia said, her pitch much higher than it usually would be due to the embarrassment she felt. Which was hugely shared by Mr Holmes also. "Oh my lord." She whispered, before sitting up and moving towards the vanity by the side of the room and quickly brushing her hair.

Changing out of her nightgown she quickly pulled on her underskirts and corset. Which usually was a tiring job when tying it by yourself, it was even more tiring now and the strings just didn't seem to want to sit in place as it kept on falling behind her.

After a few grunts and groans of displeasure at the no good strings, Sherlock spoke from by the door. "Are you alright in there?"

"Uhm, yes just the corset not tying together properly." She muttered, still trying to get them to tie right, looking at herself in the mirror with her back facing it so she could see herself.

"I could help if you would like." Sherlock spoke, his tone uncertain.

"Oh yeah? And where would you have of learned to tie a corset, Mr Holmes?" She laughed, still trying to get it to work.