☁︎ 𝐀 𝐜𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐫𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐩 ☁︎

Well.. it wasn't the castle...but it was something. He had landed in what seemed to be a snowdin of a negative au, the soft coldness of the snow hugging his face. He wiped it onto his sleeve as he sat up.
Of course he could tell it was a negative AU, he was Nightmare after all. And plus, he can't enter the positive AUs, only the neutral and negative ones. This specific Snowdin seemed..
Colorful. Almost so colorful, it stung to look at it. The buildings and walls around him were either covered in spray paint, posters, or somewhat neon..oh god, anywhere but here.
After he stood up and examined the au, suddenly a voice appeared from behind him, scaring him half to death and almost causing him to fall into the snow again. Luckily whoever it was caught him, and he stood up straight again, pulling his arm away.

' Chill, brah! It's only me! ´

Nightmare's startled face changed to pure fear while he looked at the colorful skeleton in disbelief. Fresh only returned his  expression with a sympathetic smile. Nightmare knew he was emotionless, and it scared the hell out of him. And, it's different than Ink, since Ink's..well, not a parasite, and isn't as annoying.

' You seem kinda lost there, brah. But don'tcha worry! This radical bro's got your back. ´

Fresh gave Nightmare a reasurring back pat before leading him through snowdin.

'You all up 'n remindin me of someone I know, mind tellin' me what your business of bein' in this au is? ´

Nightmare frowned, though he could barely understand the way that the 90's nightmare talked, he knew what he was asking.
His frown changed into an uncomfortable glare, and a stern tone.

' ...Look, I don't want to be here any more than you want me to. ´

Though he hated to admit it, he'd always been intimidated by fresh. Otherwise, he would've tried to attack him right then and there, if not for his magic being on the fritz. He didn't want him to get the upper hand and attack him, thinking he was there to wreck things again, but he did want answers, and a way to get out of there as soon as possible.

' I just want to go home. ´

He looked away, his voice trailing off bitterly. Fresh gave a confused smile.

' Aww, broski. You could have just asked if you wanted to leave. ´

His glasses read ' Aww sad '. Nightmare felt kind of attacked by his tone, shooting a glare at him.

' ..Whatever. Just open a portal to ...Horrortale or something. ´

When you really think about it, he doesn't have many options. Sure, the fact they ate humans disgusted him, but it's not like he can go to dust or killer's au, since there's nobody to ask to call him, and trying to find Error would be useless, because often times he's left the castle and in almost any au, and he doesn't even have a brother. And, despite Fell's au being negative, he had already turned down the offer of joining them, so he's no help. Nightmare knew full well he couldn't ask to go to the castle, since only himself and a few chosen people could enter his domain.
Nightmare waited for Fresh's response, knowing how persistant he can be. Surprisingly, he nodded and summoned a portal.

'There you go, broski. Safe travelin' with you an' all that. ´
N

ightmare gave him an odd look before leaving. He just agreed? It was odd to him, and he doubted he could ever understand that skeleton. The portal closed behind him, as he entered another Snowdin, this time the snow being stained with blood in some spots and much less colorful. He entered the nearby igloo, since it saved him the walk all the way to the house.
He entered, kicking snow off his boots as the toothy papyrus left the kitchen to greet his visitor, wearing his chef apron.
Much to Papyrus' surprise, it wasn't his brother. However, it was a similar version of him.

' Broth- Oh! I see I have a guest! What brings you here? ´

Nightmare never understood how he could be so cheerful in their town's health conditions. His positivity confused him.

'Oh..uh..I'm a friend of your brother, and I need to know if you have a phone or some way to contact him.. ´

The papyrus grinned, pulling his phone out of his pocket. Nightmare blinked, he didn't even know he had pockets.

'Of course! Let me just.. ´

The taller skel unlocked his phone, scrolling for a little bit. He had dialed his brother's number and called him, handing him the phone. Papyrus is too trusting for his own good..
Nightmare muttered a thank you before taking the call off speaker, and holding it up to his inexistant ear. After a while of silence and ringing, he picked up with a gruff tone.

'....Hello? ´

Nightmare cleared his throat. His voice was almost immediately recognizable to Horror, but softer.

'Uh..Is there any possibility you could, you know, help me get back into the castle?..all I'm asking is if you could come and open a portal.. ´

Of course, any regular person would be skeptical of him, but horror's...special. He's got the mindset of a dog when it comes to trusting people that he recognizes.

' Sure, boss.. yer in Snowdin, right? ´

He figured he was in his au anyways, since it's his brother's phone number. Nightmare gave a reassuring sound as a portal opened just outside the house, and it wasn't hard for him to notice, since he was standing in the doorway. He thanked Horror before hanging up and returning his phone, exiting the AU.

The portal had ended up right outside of the castle's doorsteps, closing as well. Nightmare took a deep breath, trying to stay as intimidating as he was once before. After some silence, he knocked on the door quietly. He could hear foosteps rushing to he door as it was opened. It was Killer. Arguing between what seemed to be Error and Cross could be heard from inside, most likely fighting over chocolate.
Nightmare shifted in place before Killer threw a remark and turned his head, gesturing to the others. They had known about the meeting but whatever had happened must've been intense, if he's managed to get eternally trapped in between Corruption and Passive.

'Pfft, you've got to see this! ´

Nightmare rolled his eyes, the others coming over and crowding the door, poking their heads out. That earned some quiet snickers from them, all right.
Nightmare put his hand to his temples, sighing in frustration. Before lowering his voice and aiming a sharpened tentacle at them.

'You gonna let me in, or what..? ´

The others caught their breaths, laughing as they let him in. Nightmare hissed and threatened them as he entered past them, changing their giggling into nervous laughter.