Surprise!

After Terry had shot up Ian and Mickey's honeymoon suite, they had taken a trip to Mexico for the rest of it. Ian had joked and said he couldn't leave Mickey at the border alone again.

That was a little over a month ago, they were back in the windy city of Chicago. Their home. Ian had to go back to work and Mickey was in the process of finding a job. Ian had gotten his old job back as an EMT. Mickey had zero luck.

One morning Ian heard his alarm going off groaning he shut it off and went back to the comfort and warmth of his husband's arms. Mickey had his arms wrapped around his husband protectively, he kissed his head.

"Come on ginger snap, you gotta get up and get ready for work. As much as I would love to spend all day in bed with you I can't. You gotta work, I gotta find work" Mickey told him rubbing his back.

"I don't wanna go, I still feel like shit" Ian groaned.

Mickey frowned. "Still?"

A couple weeks after they came home Ian was feeling sick, they thought it was a bug he had caught but he was still sick a month later. This wasn't gonna fly by with Mickey.

"Alright get up, your going to the clinic to get checked out"

"Mick, it's probably a stomach bug or something. I'll be fine"

"A stomach bug doesn't last for no damn month Ian. Get your cute little redhead ass up and get dressed"

The redhead groaned getting up, he put on a muscle tee and some shorts. He was burning up for some reason he brushed it off and thought it was the fever he had. He put his shoes on. Mickey put on a random shirt, some jeans and his tan boots. After Ian was changed he felt his stomach lurch and he ran to the bathroom. Hunching over the toilet he emptied the contents of his stomach, running right behind him was his husband rubbing his back.

"Let's go get you checked out and your spending the day resting"

Ian didn't put up any arguments, he felt like shit and all he wanted to do was rest and be in his husband's arm laying against his chest. Mickey passed him some water so he could rinse the vomit from his mouth, after swishing with water and mouthwash the redhead wiped his mouth and they left out going to the clinic.

The newlyweds arrived at the clinic, Ian had gone to sit down as he sipped a ginger ale and Mickey signed him in. Once getting his husband signed in he went to sit next to him, Ian laid his head on his shoulder.

"It shouldn't be long," Mickey told him, kissing his head.

"I just wanna sleep," Ian muttered.

"I know after we leave we're going home and your resting"

All the redhead did was nod, after about 15 minutes of waiting Ian was called back and the couple went to an exam room. Mickey stood beside his husband protectively keeping a hand on his shoulder. A few minutes later the doctor came in.

"I'm Doctor Willis, what brings you in today Mr. Gallagher" The doctor spoke.

"I've been feeling sick for the past month, it started after we came home from our honeymoon. I thought it was a stomach bug or something but I'm still sick"

"Alright, let's do some tests. I'm sure it's nothing"

Nodding Ian agreed, the doctor soon had taken some blood tests as well as a urine sample, he was waiting on those results.

"While we wait on those results it shouldn't be long. What else has been bothering you?"

"Smells, certain ones make me sick to my stomach. When I eat i can only stomach certain things, other stuff makes me sick"