The last time, chapter 01

— Summer —

.

.

.

This is the last time I’m asking you this,

Put my name at the top of your list,

This is the last time I’m asking you why,

You break my heart in the blink of an eye

.

.

.

So that was it. I loved the way this song fit my emtions. And its perfect timing too. Just when his silhouette mingled into the night, it started playing on the radio. I stood there, watching him walked away from me. For good. I should have known it from the start. That boy would never be mine. We could never work out. We were just too different. But then I fell for him, hard. I did not know how much it hurt until now.

It was just a stupid mistake. I could not believe I let myself wasted. I knew I just could not blame him for being so far away. I missed him insanely. Just when I was about to break into pieces, there were helping hands. I fell again. This time, I was in the wrong hole. It was not so clear at that time. Feeling all by myself in a strange party I was forced to attend, I met someone. And his hands were so warm, and safe. The way his fingers interwined with mine was just unbelievable. So, just a blink of an eye, I forgot that I missed him.

I cheated.

I should have stopped. We were growing close. All the text messages and secret coffee dates made us better. They made me better. Worst of all, I liked it. My stupid and selfish self was in love with the idea of loving some other person when I gave my heart to someone else. And somehow I always wanted those betrayal time, just to get rid of the feeling of missing him when he went on tour for ages. It was not like he did not try to make it work. He texted me with all his love. He spent all of the few hours of sleeping he had talking to me over the phone. I must have gone mad or something. Come back and think of it, I was all wrong. He tried his best to keep me with him, and I just pushed him away.

He eventually found out. In the cruelest way.

He went home to surprise me, just to surprise himself with me in another’s man arms.

All I remembered of that night was our screaming and shouting at each other for absolutely nothing. Yes, nothing. Because we both knew that everything had ended. Over. Once trust was lost, it could never be restored. But we went on blaming each other for ridiculous reasons and hurting ourselves more and more as each hour passed.

Finally, he walked away.

.

.

.

This is the last time, I won’t hurt you anymore

And I stopped seeing the other guy. Just by looking into his eyes, seeing the way his shoulders dragging down because of sadness, I realised that I loved him.

I also lost him.

.

.

.

A year passed. We were picking up the pieces of our hearts and tried to fix them.

Gladly, he did. He found himself a new girl.

Sadly, I did not. I found myself being tormented for what I had done wrong.

Sometimes, I did not know how to let go. And this one time was it.