t h r e e

| Adeline |

When Adeline arrived at work the next day, she put her uniform on before meeting her friend, Brooke, in the kitchen. Brooke and Adeline had met in training and instantly clicked with each other, as they were both the same age starting in the job.

Brooke was bluntly honest, and all the other trainees bothered her to no ends, with their phoniness. All except Adeline, who liked Brooke's mindset. They became really good friends, sometimes, spending time together outside of work, if Adeline felt like it though. Brooke understood Adeline and her thinking, did the best she could to give her some of her positive energy at work.

The manager called an emergency meeting to inform the crew about a special guest that was staying in their hotel for some time.

"Morning babe, how was your day off yesterday?" Brooke told Adeline, who walked up to her, waiting for the meeting to start.

"Horrible. Ivy and I went out and I embarrassed myself completely in front of a good looking guy, who just wanted to get with me," Adeline spoke quickly and quietly towards her friend. If they weren't the same height, then her friend probably would have missed what she said completely.

"Oh, hun, it couldn't have been that bad..." Brooke began, before their manager, Mitch, began to speak, cutting her off before she was able to ease her friend's mind.

"Alright staff, so for the next few months, possibly, we will be having a special guest here in the hotel. He is the son of Mr. Davis's good friend, who happens to be the CEO of Hemmings & Co, the software company. You are all to be on your best behaviors when seeing him and his three friends," the staff manager spoke towards the group.

"What does he even look like?" One of the other employees spoke out.

"That I'm not sure, but I do know his name is Luke Hemmings and he is around 24 years old."

"IS HE HOT?" One of the female waitresses shouted out from the back, which caused Mitch to roll his eyes at the comment.

"He is not up for grabs, so ladies, you must not associate with him outside of your job. Those were specific orders from his family." Mitch spoke towards the group as many sighs were heard.

"Great, now everyone get to work! Be nice to everyone, and if you spot out who exactly Mr. Hemmings is, please inform me." The manager spoke out, while everyone began to get ready for their shift in the dining hall.

"Adeline, hey, can I speak to you really quick," Mitch spoke, just as Adeline and Brooke began to make their way to the front of the restaurant to begin their rounds. Brooke shot the two a smile, before walking out, leaving Adeline alone with their manager.

"So, Mr. Davis requested for you to serve Luke and his friends, at least for their first meal here, so I believe they are your first table for today. He wanted you to do it because he knows you can be respectful, and leave a good impression."

"Are you sure he wanted me to serve them?" Adeline spoke out, in shocked disbelief that her boss wanted her to serve their special guest.

"Yeah, you got this okay. Let me know how it goes, alright?" With that, Mitch walked towards his office, leaving a nervous Adeline to her thoughts.