xi. ELEVEN

︵‿︵‿୨ 1972 ୧‿︵‿︵

︵‿︵‿୨ 1972 ୧‿︵‿︵

THE THIRD TIME that Sadie Scott woke up in Jimmy Page's house was just as unplanned and unusual as the previous two. She already knew before opening her eyes that a hangover was going to be the least of today's issues. On top of running out of her own launch party and meeting her ex boyfriend again, she'd gone ahead and spent the night in the house of the man everyone warned her against. She could hear the reaction of her band mates already: Fucking hell, Sadie, you really know how to hurt yourself, don't you?

The singer propped herself up in the bed, ignoring her pounding head, and saw the tangled black sheets empty beside her. The sound of running water and steam drifted into the bedroom from the closed adjoining bathroom door — Jimmy must have woken up before her. A small, guilty part of her suddenly felt relived that she didn't have to deal with seeing him just yet.

Gently, Sadie eased back the covers off her legs and lowered them to the floor. The wood panels were cold underneath her bare feet as she slowly and quietly slipped out of the bed and started gathering her clothes — although the task was made considerably more difficult by the fact that they'd paid no attention to where they were throwing them the night before. She'd just knelt down next to the bed to try and grab her bra from underneath it when she heard the door open behind her. "Sadie?"

The blonde froze. She knew what she must have looked like, covered in nothing but an old t-shirt of his with her ass up in the air as she grabbed underneath his bed. Damn. Slowly, she sat back up and turned to look at Jimmy Page with dread in her stomach. He stood casually in the doorway, a towel sitting low on his hips and a frustratingly amused grin on his lips. "You weren't trying to sneak out on me, were you?"

Busted. Sadie brushed her hair in front of her ears so he wouldn't see them turning pink with embarrassment. She debated lying, but knew he'd already seen straight through her. "I bet you're used to being the one doing the sneaking, right?"

He laughed. "I forgot that your opinion of me was so low."

"But you didn't disagree," she pointed out, finally letting a slight grin appear on her face as well.

"Well I'm not the sort of guy who takes girls out to breakfast the next morning, no," Jimmy started to walk across the room as he spoke and opened up the closet doors to rifle through the shirts. "But you're not the type of girl to expect that from a guy, are you?"

"No," Sadie agreed. "So last night was..."

"Fun," Jimmy turned around to look at her and she was suddenly aware that her overlarge t-shirt was not quite as long as she would've liked it to be. "Aside from the whole punching-your-ex-thing," he continued. "Unless—"