001.

“but they look so alive!”

001

Being the twin of a talented girl came with its disadvantages, one of them was that she was the one who brought three ghost from the 90's without telling anything to her twin. 

Olivia was never one to crave the spotlight, she didn't allow herself to want something she couldn't have. That's why she got along better with her dad, Ray was the one who would hug her while they both admired how synchronized were the voices of her mother and sister.

Envying her sister never crossed her mind, how could anyone have anything bad against Julie? She was there every time Olivia decided to restrain herself from pushing people away and open up with whatever troubled her mind.

But, as Death knocked on the door of the family, things went downhill. The fact that her sister was the one closer to her mother ended up being the thing that brought the father closer to her. They began to have the relationship that Olivia had with him before it all happened and it broke her.

She sunk in the egotism that fed her with thoughts about how her sister was always seeking a way to have it all, even if she knew deep down that she was the one pushing them all away instead of communicating as Julie.

That afternoon when her hands were moving through the kitchen aisle preparing a lunch for herself, she eavesdropped the conversation between her sister and her father.

“I got a call today.” he announced, “It was my realtor friend.”

His eyes fell onto the figure of his daughter whose pulse failed while hearing that sentence, dropping the knife.

“I'm fine, it slipped.” she tried to escape but Ray was already signaling for her to join.

Holding her sandwich tight, she sat next to Julie who gave her a smile and made the girl wonder what were the odds that Olivia ended up being her twin of all people.

“She says that if we are serious about selling the house then she wants me to take pictures for her website.”

She couldn't deal with that, she loved that house and his dad knew that. When she first begged for them to keep it, he insisted that it was all to help Julie move on. That made her angry, it was all to help her sister!

“... which means we have to do a lot of cleaning and maybe you two can tackle mom's studio?"

I'm screwed, she thought. She stopped chewing to swallow harshly, having to cough as a consequence.