003.

“they have been dead for twenty-five years, give them a break.”

003

003

Despite everything that was going through inside her, Olivia followed her sister outside grabbing her wrist to keep her from continue walking.

“What do you want?” she fumed.

“These guys just discovered that they died and the only home they had to go back it's that studio.” as she continued, she noticed that her voice got louder. “Why do you have to be so selfish all the time, Jules?!”

Her sister maintained her quietness, staring blankly at the girl in front of her. Julie didn't understand how  did they end up there, it was all perfect before.

Luke showed up next to them making Julie scream, “Stop that, I'm serious.”

The excited ghosts began to express how happy he was and as soon as the twin tried to leave, Olivia glared at her making the girl stop in his tracks and listen to what the boy had to say.

“I just...”

“Your bad day.” what he was showing was further proof to what Ollie said to her minutes ago, “Yes, I know.”

He apologized for ending up in their ways out of all people, the younger by minutes suddenly needed to put a hand on his shoulder. The girls noticed how passionate he was about his music and it made Olivia smile.

“You gotta know that, your mom clearly is into music.”

As quickly as the smile came into her face, the oblivious teen took it away from her. “Was."

“She passed away.” Julie explained.

“I am... So sorry.”

Used to the condolences, one could begin to differ the few real ones. The sorry that the singer said was loaded with feeling, Olivia was capable of distinguish the hint in his eyes that claimed to know what that suffer was like. To lose someone. What an awful feeling.

By the time the boys showed up, Julie mouthed the question that went through Ollie's mind an hour earlier and the denial made the faces of the twins to fall noticeably.

“Sorry I got mad.” the first Molina child apologized ending the sentence by intertwining fingers with her sister, there were so many things they needed to clear out. She wondered when would be the time that they could stop avoiding the stuff that made them got hurt by the other and finally clear the air. “You guys are kinda good.”

“They have been dead for twenty-five years, give them a break.”

“Exactly! You know that's twenty-five years of rust just getting dusted off?” Luke sided with the girl trying to lay his arm around her shoulders but going right through her. Olivia laughed at his attempt and how he forgot he was a ghost.

Her eyes caught the staring from the bassist who smiled her way and asked. “Do you play the piano too?”

“I have no talent but...” as she tried to speak, her sister's hand pressed her's which was the equivalent of telling her to lie. “It's our mom's stuff.”

Luke complimented Rose's songwriter abilities. Olivia wished having the same amount of talent that her sister and mother had, at least that way she could feel the rush of having your feelings getting lighter by the minute, drowning in the melodies.

Julie tried to leave but once again something made her stop, with the exception that this time it wasn't Ollie's fault. “I guess... if you need a place to stay you can stay in there.”

The girl froze, cursing without noticing the four other people around her that were now looking at her.

“I thought you were going to let them stay at home.”

Julie knew her too well, “Why don't you want them to stay at the studio?”

A quick glance around was enough to notice that all the attention was on her. She didn't want to say anything to her but the situation required for her to take the risk of being sent to the therapist once again.

“Listening to music at night helps me to not have nightmares... and I can't sleep with music at home, dad would notice, so I have been sleeping in the studio.”

“Olivia! You promised to tell dad if the nightmares got worse!” Her sister pushed her slightly.

The boys were exchanging glances while Julie reproached her sister. It felt like they were intruding in a private conversation but somehow they weren't able to leave. Maybe it was the way that Reggie saw the girl, not with pity but with pride of how she resolved what was troubling her independently, what intrigued the boys; perhaps it was how Alex shifted his hand to hold Olivia's closer, wanting to comfort her even if his hand moved past every living person he wanted to reach; it could've been have been Luke's eyes fixed on her ways, feeling the desperation at the mention of her fears, and relating to the feeling of wanting to get out quickly of that situation.

“Listen, Jules, I got it. Everything's good now that's why I've been sleeping in there.” Olivia explained. “That's why you should let them stay in my room or something.”

“We can not do that and you know it, I don't want them intruding in every conversation we have in there... No offense, guys.”

“Non taken.” the boy with the pink hoodie smiled, “If it worries you that we will disturb you, we won't. I don't think we can even sleep so the place would be the same by night.”

Julie raised her eyebrows to her sister, who blinked assuming what had been said to her. Finally, a grin plastered her face.

“Oh... Thank you.” she said, “So if everything's settled, everyone can go to sleep now... or whatever the dead boys will do.”

“Still not cool that you're calling us by ghost's synonyms.”

“Get used to it, Reggie.”

Before the older (by minutes) twin could open her mouth to talk about her nightmares again, she ran right into the studio closing the door behind her without saying goodbye.

Reggie cracked up in laughter, wondering how were the next weeks going to be living with Olivia Molina.