Luca Conlon

This is more of an angst brain rot I wrote down then an actual one shot. It does set up the relationship between you and Spot but it doesn't contain any fluff or smut. Only some angst. I don't even know what this is to be honest but after months I have finished this (this was one of my first ideas when I started this collection of stories)

TW: mention of sexual abuse and death

The rays of the mid day sun shone in my eye, the heat didn't bother me at all. I was a girl, a girl on her way to Brooklyn. The dangerous streets brought me exitement and curiosity. What was I going to experience today?
My normal life was boring yet hectic. There was nothing I would rather escape then the walls of our dining room; where each evening we would eat our expensive dinner, while I knew that out in the streets kids would go to sleep having eaten nothing at all.
I went to Brooklyn to escape my strict parents whom taught me how to; act, eat, sleep and dress. And to escape my arranged marriage with a prince in Europe that would happen in 4 years, when i turned 18.

I know, I am rich and wealthy. But I would do anything to be like the kids on the street, wild, careless, free. Being able to live by your own rules and having to hope for your meals. Would you sell enough? Would you earn enough?

For the last week I had come to Brooklyn everyday, just to experience.

With my old simple blue dress I plunged from the attic. I set foot on the bridge, my favourite bridge. 

The Brooklyn bridge.

Multiple Newsies were screaming the headlines at the top of there lungs.

"Body found on train rails read all about it!"

"Man killed by train!"

"Protests in Philadelphia!"

I chuckled a bit but decided to buy a paper from a boy, who looked about my age, 14. His hair was everywere like it hadn't been tamed for weeks and he was missing the famous newsies cap every newsie seemed to have. His face looked a bit dirty around the edges and it showed that the boy didnt really care alot about his looks.

"One paper please." I asked politely. He looked directly at me, from close by i got a different view. He looked intimidating but kind, like a leader. Only still very young, like me, you could see it in his face.

"That will be a penny." A smirk appeared on his face as we exchanged products. He left a mark on me with that smirk, a mark i would not easily forget.

As I walked away and opened the paper I saw the real title the Newsies were screaming about;

"Doll found on traintrack caused delay to travelers." I just chuckled as I took my time to read the whole paper on a bench with a great view of the Brooklyn docks.

By the time I was done with the paper and admiring the view, my stomach begged for food. I had eaten breakfast early, wanting to leave the house as soon as possible. Now at 2P.M it seemed like the right moment to look for a nice Diner.

-

Nothing had really happened by the time the sun was setting, the only thing I had done was wander around the city enjoying everything it had to offer. Now that the last rays of light made its way trough the buildings, and onto the cobblestone streets, it was time for me to go home. Back to the  house were I was going to be yelled at for being late. 

A hand slid over my mouth, my body got taken and my thoughts were left confused as I was smashed against a wall in the alley I was walking past. My eyes saw a teen, around 18 I would've guessed. He held me in a tight grip making me struggle all I wanted, it wasn't going to do anything. His right hand around my neck, and his other on my stomach keeping me in my position.