Chapter 1: Prologue?

Horuda

Horuda kept her head down while she changed her shoes. Some of the girls seemed nice, but a lot of the people here intimidated her. She wanted to talk to a girl with dark cyan hair and another that had bright green hair, but the latter was on her phone and it seemed she'd never put it down. The former was more social and was walking away with her friends now. She continued looking around at all the other students.

She stayed at her locker as everyone else left, lost in deep thought. Chattering approached behind her. She turned to look at the people approaching. Five girls with blonde hair that all contained different colors were walking in later than the other students. They didn't notice Horuda at first when they changed their shoes. Horuda knew exactly what they were by just looking at them. Popular, gossipy, self-absorbed, whatever else a bullied kid would know about people. She quickly spun on her feet to leave. She ran away from the front of the school to the rooftop. She could hear their pause. She could hear them giggle.

Soon their voices disappeared and were drowned out by her footsteps. She could only focus on running and the sound of her feet.

ClickClickClickClickClick

The rhythm was rapid and rushed, but still rhythmic. After reaching a certain point she saw 3 closed double doors. She ran through the one to her right and tried to slow down.

Click. Click. Click... click.

This part of the rooftop was empty and safe.

She sat down on a lonely bench to catch her breath.

"I'm an idiot. I already look stupid in front of the popular ones." She huffed. When she finally catches her breath, she realizes how big the school is. She ran up... 6(?) flights of stairs. 2 parts to each floor.

She decided it was better to stay on the roof so no one could find her.

When the time came to go to class, she had to walk down the 6 flights of stairs again. As she entered room 1-2, she nearly gasped out loud in horror.

In one of the seats sat a blonde-haired girl with pink bangs. It was one of those popular girls. Horuda pretended not to notice her and sat down nervously.

————————
Umeji

As normal, Umeji and the other delinquents arrived later than other students. Every day they arrived right behind the bullies and he would glare daggers into their backs. When the delinquents got close to the lockers, they made sure they waited for the bullies to clear.

Something different caught his eye. There was a girl just standing at her locker, acting really weird. The bullies took no note of her and neither did the other delinquents, but when she took off at the sight of the bullies, the girls giggled at her.

Wow, good job, you look like an idiot. He thought. He would've said it if she hadn't taken off.

The Delinquents grabbed their stuff and headed to the incinerator.

"Heh, did you see that underclassman take off at the sight of them?" Gaku asked as he walked by the side of the others.

"Yeah, I can tell that one is a big pussy." Dairoku says.

Umeji would've responded, but he had a question on his mind. How did she know to avoid those girls?

The delinquents went about their normal business and then went to class.

(Hey guys. I get a lot of random motivation here and there, so this just popped out. I'll update my Bederia book as soon as I have time to start playing Pokémon again. These chapters might be short, they might be decently sized. I don't know. Thanks for reading though. Next few parts will have some interactions, I promise.)