Chapter 3

Horuda leaves her desk and begins to go to the rooftop to clean some erasers. She drops them as she feels herself yanked aside. She finds herself in the girls' bathroom.

"Alright girl, what are you hiding? We saw you run off." It was the pink bangs girl.

"Huh? W-what do you mean? I-I'm not hiding anything." Horuda responds in shock. She should've seen this coming.

"You don't just run away from people. Are you just an introverted freak? Is that what it is?" She asked. Horuda nearly tears up. Not this again. Bullies in the past have called her things like that too. She remembered the boy she met earlier that day.

'Avoid them at all costs' Well of course. She needed to get out of here.

"I need to go clean. I have to go." She said and walked as calmly as she could to the place where she dropped her erasers. They were gone. Someone must've picked them up.

"HEY! Don't leave me! I have to know! I thought I saw you with one of those losers that hang out near the incinerator at lunch today. Are you with one of them, are you sucking up to them? That's so pathetic!" The pink bang girl grabs her from behind.

"Ah! No no! That didn't happen!" Horuda says and runs all the way out of the school and back home.

When she gets to her room, she sobs a little. What does she do to deserve all the bullying? She looks into the mirror.

"I should just go back... no no... I can't. Why did I have to run like that?"

———————

Koroko, the pink bang girl, smirks as she watches Horuda bail.

"Oh, she is sooooo sus." She says and runs toward the bathroom where the other girls hang out.

"You're late. What's up girl?" Musume says as a greeting.

"Do you remember that girl that took off this morning? I just saw her and she was acting soooo sus!"

They continue with their gossip, boiling up some juicy theories and rumors.

——————

Umeji and his gang prepare to head out earlier than normal. If they do nothing during cleaning time, what's the point of staying?

As they walk around to the front of the school, he sees Horuda bolting from something again.

"Psh, what a wuss. What's she afraid of now?" One of the delinquents says from behind him.

"We can't be sure, man." Umeji says. He makes a note of the route she takes and continues his way toward the ally way they stay in.

———————

At 11 pm the guys split up to go back home. On his way back, he realizes that Horuda lives in the same area he does. Why does it matter? He doesn't know. He finds his home, unlocks the door, and sneaks into his room, careful not to wake up his mom.

He sits down on his bed but before he can put down his weapon, he sees something out of his window. He opens the curtains further. Two of the bullies were running down the street with markers and eggs in their hands. He has to investigate.

They better not be egging my house. They'll get it for that. He thinks to himself.

He leaves the house again and walks behind the bullies, doing his best not to be seen.

They walk up to a house and stop. The other three bullies are climbing all over the house, Musume getting a look into the window.

"Do you see anything?" Kokoro whispers to Musume.

"She's asleep," Musume responds. "I bet she's dreaming about sex with some boys at school."

"I think she runs some sort of sus business and sells panties." Kokoro says

"I bet she sucks dick for money." Hoshiko says.

This pisses off Umeji. She didn't do shit and they're already on her? Why must they make everyone fall? No one else needs to fall like he did. The bullies start writing rude messages on her window and throw a few eggs at her house. They flee when they hear her bed creaking. Umeji stands there for a moment.

"Why am I even here? Why do I care about this? Just because I fell to them doesn't mean I need to interfere..." he says to himself, then leaves.