Chapter 2

Lunch came and went. Horuda returned to her spot from that morning to eat her bento. When she finished early, she decided to roam the school.

There were so many club rooms that it seemed to outnumber the academic and faculty rooms combined, not including the empty rooms. Although Horuda wasn't interested in joining any of them, she was impressed. She decided to explore the back of the school.

They had a gym, separate large buildings for both genders to change and bathe in, and a big pool? This was much more than Horuda was used to. She looked around the girls' bathroom, shocked at how big it was compared to the ones inside the school. Then she looked around the gym. All very nice. She saw some large bushes forming some sort of fencing and it interested her. She walked toward it but stopped in her tracks when she saw five intimidating boys sitting on a bench right next to her when she walked by. They all looked at her.

"What are you looking at, punk? Scram." Said one in a purple shirt.

"Are you looking for trouble?" Another in a red shirt asked her worth a glare. Horuda then realized they had weapons on their backs.

"O-oh! N-no no! I... I was just... passing by." She froze when the one in the middle, with a yellow shirt, stood and walked toward her. "D-don't hurt me! I'm s-sorry!" She ducked her head and put her hands in a pleading position. A strong hand pulled her weak arms down.

"Calm down. I ain't gonna hurt you. I'm not a heathen. I don't hurt people for fun." He said. Horuda looked up at him. His face still gave a hardened look but she took his word for it since he wasn't pulling out his weapon.

"I saw you this morning. You took off at the sight of some girls. That was you, right?" He asked.Horuda stayed quiet. She was embarrassed and scared he'd make fun of her.

"Answer me, punk." He said, annoyed.

"Y-yes... that was me." She answered quickly.

"Pshhh ha-" one of the boys at the bench began to laugh.

"Shut the hell up, Hokuto." The boy standing above her said. "You." He said, looking down at her again. "Follow, now."

Horuda followed him up the stairs to the pool. She spotted the bullies from several yards away. She did a small gasp that she hoped he wouldn't hear, but he did anyway.

"Those girls, eh?" He asked. "Not surprised. They're well known bullies here. At least to those who know their secrets. I guess you already know, but stay away from them at all times. They can and will find dirt or create dirt to spread some bullshit about you for fun."

The girls in the distance looked over at them. The boy shoved Horuda behind him. The girls just chuckled at the sight of the boy and looked away. He walked back to the school and Horuda followed. As she followed him back, he began to speak without looking at her.

"This was a one-time thing. I don't get buddy-buddy with people and give them tours. I just don't wanna see them screwing with people anymore. It's annoying. So don't think you're my little buddy, or that I'm gonna protect you." He said and stopped in front of the bench. "Now get your goody-two-shoes back to class. It's almost time for it to start." Some of the guys chuckled at her when he said it.

"Uhm... What's... w-what's your name?" Horuda asked. "What's it to ya? That's none of your business." He responded.

"Oh, I just thought... never mind. Sorry." She said and turned around. "Well uh, my name is Horuda. Nice to meet you?" She said with her back to him, then ran off.

Umeji watched her run off. "Whatever." He said and shook his head.

"What a weirdo." Hokuto said.

Nothing else happens and he returns to class, late as always.